• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio Troubles

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio Troubles

I'm running a P4 1.8 Ghz, a Gina20, and a MidiSport 8x8. I'm using recent drivers, but when I start GigaStudio the port icons ( [1] [2] [3] [4] ) are all gray, and I can't get any sound. I have all the latest GigaStudio updates, and am using Windows 2000. Any help much appreciated.

Re: GigaStudio Troubles

What sequencer are you workin with?
    Does your mother board have on-board sound? If so, turn it off.

I'm using Sonar 2, and my motherboard has no onboard sound.

Quote Originally Posted by kogase
    I'm running a P4 1.8 Ghz, a Gina20, and a MidiSport 8x8. I'm using recent drivers, but when I start GigaStudio the port icons ( [1] [2] [3] [4] ) are all gray, and I can't get any sound. I have all the latest GigaStudio updates, and am using Windows 2000. Any help much appreciated.
    kogase,
    Do a search in this forum for "grey" and "gray" to see the possible explainations. For me, the problem was my echo driver version and reverting to 6.04 did the trick.

My midisport was a headache from day 1 with gigastudio, I was able to eliminate it with MOL and use my amt for midi inputs from my separate system.

This is not my solution, but someone else's. But it bears repeating.

Giga Midi fix

Start | Run "regedit". Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32.

(This is the location in Windows 2000. Windows XP is probably similar; I don't know for sure. Windows 98/ME will be different; just search on "gmidi.dll".)

Delete all the blank MIDIx entries. Delete "MIDI10 gmidi.dll". Make a new entry, "MIDIx gmidi.dll", where "x" is the next available number. (That is if drivers are using "MIDI" and "MIDI1", use "MIDI2".)

You'll also see a lot of blank "Wav" entries. Delete those for good measure.

Reboot.

Go Back to forum