• Register
  • Help

Topic: Layla 24 and Giga still not fixed?!

Share/Bookmark

Layla 24 and Giga still not fixed?!

Hello there,

Have seen posts on this site that show problems with Layla 24 and GigaStudio. Has this been resolved yet? I tried a search but the only advice I could see was to disable hyperthreading and not use 48K. How does one disable hyperthreading anyways!

We bought our Layla 24 unaware of this problem but now in Giga, there is no audio or midi when selecting Layla 24 drivers.

If anyone can help, that would be much appreciated. The system is fine when using our M-Audio FW410 but doesn't like the Layla 24 for some reason. We'd also like to continue using our 4x4 Midisport for midi...

Sincerely
    Ken

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Layla 24 and Giga still not fixed?!

I have a Layla 24 here working well at all rates. One should always disable Hyperthreading, because no version of GigaStudio supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenwchan
    Hello there,

How does one disable hyperthreading anyways!

Sincerely
    Ken
    Go into the BIOS to turn off Hyperthreading. While there, turn of any on-board sound you have as well.

to get into the BIOS and disable hyperthreading (which will be supported in Giga 3.0 as far as i know) i think you have to hit "delete" while it is booting.

also make sure you have the newest drivers from www.echoaudio.com. my giga had no midi ports open until i got those newest drivers installed.

then you still might have to mess the the outputs in the giga setup to get sound going out. i use the digital out from the layla to a firewire 410 and i have to uncheck everything except 9,10. good luck.

ben

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

FYI, no hyperthreading support in GS-3, at least initially.

Aww you guys are great! I turned off hyperthreading, disabled Audio in the Peripherals menu (hope that's right), choose Layla 24 in Giga, restarted Giga, and that was it! It worked!

Thanks so much - you don't know how relieved I am!

Thanks again

Ken

Go Back to forum