• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a way to clear out the "clutter"?

Share/Bookmark

Is there a way to clear out the "clutter"?

Is there a way to clear out the "clutter" in the Kontakt browser window? I have version 1.5.3.

Is it possible to remove any of the items that are displayed there? Quite a bit of the listings have nothing to do with samples or instruments in my setup. It is aggravating to have to wade through all of this stuff to find what I need.

Thanks,

Larry A.

Re: Is there a way to clear out the "clutter"?

Just add the ones that 'do' matter to your favorites. The option is there in the browser window. You can add whole folders or individual samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Just add the ones that 'do' matter to your favorites. The option is there in the browser window. You can add whole folders or individual samples.
    That's one solution but it still leaves the browser itself cluttered with unneeded entries. (?)

Is there no way to delete specific listings in the browser window?

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.

No, I wouldn't think so. It's just showing you the content of your computer. I don't think there's a way to hid unneeded items.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    No, I wouldn't think so. It's just showing you the content of your computer. I don't think there's a way to hid unneeded items.
    OK...I'll just have to live with it.

Thank you,

Larry A.

Another way is if you have a drive dedicated for samples only, organize the folders to minimize the length of what is viewed. After a refresh you can expand what is used most often etc.and save it that way. EWQL has 8 parts and then an instruments folder and it gets long.Saving a template is about the least hassle I've found. Everthing not used can be consolidated into a folder in your drive and then shows up that way in the browser if that is any help.
    KR

Go Back to forum