• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Topic: VSL Chamber Strings

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    VSL Chamber Strings

    Has anyone done any work with the new VSL Chamber Strings yet? If so, how is it? Are there any full chamber ensembles or are they all divided into sections?

    Thanks!
    Keith

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    I have not yet heard them, but I really can't wait. I think the combination of recording technique and that small section size is going to be just excellent.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Budleigh Salterton
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleven
    Has anyone done any work with the new VSL Chamber Strings yet? If so, how is it? Are there any full chamber ensembles or are they all divided into sections?

    Thanks!
    Keith

    Try here Keith. Illness and Recovery by Martin Spruijt under Demos is very good amoungst others.

    http://vsl.co.at/english/pages/produ...er_strings.htm

  4. #4

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    God, I love the sound of those strings!!!!

  5. #5

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    This sounds amazing! The price tag a bit less amazing but I am sure it is a good value for the price. Ahhh...one day maybe!

  6. #6

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfen
    This sounds amazing! The price tag a bit less amazing but I am sure it is a good value for the price. Ahhh...one day maybe!
    You should definitely wait a week or so to hear the new Chamber String demos from Kirk Hunter's new Concert Strings. I just did a major test with them on Sunday night mocking up a complex 8-part vertical harmony stack on a Debussy piece which sounded absolutely amazing.

    In fact, this will be one of the demos.

    With Kirk's Concert Strings for his Chamber section, keep in mind that you get:
    Chamber Strings - unmuted - close mic
    Chamber Strings - muted - close mic
    Chamber Strings - unmuted - far mic
    Chamber Strings - muted - far mic

    No other set of chamber strings from any company has such a selection.

    Also, the COMPLETE Kirk Hunter Concert Strings, which contains the Chamber Strings as listed above, lists for only $499. Pre-Launch Price just $399.

    http://www.kirkhunter.com/libraries/strings.shtml
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

  7. #7

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    Hey Peter,

    Can you tell us your opinion on the comparative subjective differences in sound between the Kirk Hunter strings, main and Chamber, and the VSL strings? Are they warmer sounding etc?

  8. #8

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_L
    Hey Peter,

    Can you tell us your opinion on the comparative subjective differences in sound between the Kirk Hunter strings, main and Chamber, and the VSL strings? Are they warmer sounding etc?
    Craig, great question. However, because of all the library bashing that's gone on in the past, we decided to defer this kind of question to the demos so you decide for yourself.

    However, compared to all the libraries, Kirk's sound is bigger, a little darker. Warmer. I don't know how to define that to give a cogent answer. Let me say that on the demos we're doing with two Debussy excerpts I orchestrated, one with 6-7 part vertical harmony and the other with 8-part vertical harmony, it came out sounding full and lush, no brittleness and no "organ" sound.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

  9. #9

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    Peter--
    I'm a little confused. Are the KH strings available now? Is so, where does one buy them at the $399.00 price.

    Thanks,
    Keith

  10. #10

    Re: VSL Chamber Strings

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleven
    Peter--
    I'm a little confused. Are the KH strings available now? Is so, where does one buy them at the $399.00 price.

    Thanks,
    Keith
    www.kirkhunter.com

    This is the pre-release price.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •