• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Full String Orch Patch?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Full String Orch Patch?

Does anyone have an easy (for idiots) way to set up a patch for a full string orchestra for GPO and Kontakt 1.5.3 (without loading 4 or 5 different patches on the same midi channel)? I know, I know, if I just applied myself to really learning my new Kontakt I could figure it out, but I am strapped for time at the moment. This would be great for quickly jotting down ideas which could later be separated (and save ram too).
    BTW, does anyone know if there might be a patch like this in the upcoming GPO update?
    Logic 9 | OSX Snow Leopard | 2x3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 4g ram |Dual Cinema Displays | MBox 2 | MOTU 2408, MTP AV | AlphaTrack | BlueSky 2.1 |

Re: GPO Full String Orch Patch?

RobbinsEgg,

You may want to consider waiting for the update before expending any energy.

Tom

OK, I can get behind that subtle hint
    Logic 9 | OSX Snow Leopard | 2x3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 4g ram |Dual Cinema Displays | MBox 2 | MOTU 2408, MTP AV | AlphaTrack | BlueSky 2.1 |

Kind of along the same lines, how does one save an ensemble so that all of the patches will automatically load back into the Kontact Player from GPO? I saved a wind band ensemble and a few random instrument patches are saved when I open it up again, and I have to reload everything else manually, which is both tedious and annoying.

Now I'm going to sound like a dope. Where does one get updates? I found the link to update the Kontakt player, but is that all there is to updating GPO? Or is there another update from Garritan directly? A full string patch for getting ideas down would be uber cool.

Bubbagump, the GPO update that Tom was referring to is coming soon. It's not available yet.

Cajun shrimp... boiled shrimp... fried shrimp...
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thanks

Shrimp n eggs.....

Go Back to forum