• Register
  • Help

Topic: Revisiting old mixes with new orchestration!

Share/Bookmark

Revisiting old mixes with new orchestration!

I lurk around here quite often, and have posted a few times, although I haven't had a chance yet to actually post any of my work. But hopefully that will be changing soon! I've been playing with a band called "CrossWalk" for the past 12 years, recorded a couple CDs, and we are now in the process of releasing a "Best Of" collection. When these tracks were all recorded originally, there wasn't enough time, money, or access to musicians to fully orchestrate the songs (at least, not to the point where I wanted them to be). In my mind, they have always been un-finished. However, thanks to GPO, I now have the tools that enable me to re-visit the old mixes, and create all of the orchestration that I hear in my head. And all in the convenience and comfort of my home studio! I hope to have some of the tracks up soon, maybe "before" and "after", so you can have a listen. The difference is night and day. GPO is a wonderful tool-

Jim

Thumbs up Re: Revisiting old mixes with new orchestration!

I hope to have some of the tracks up soon, maybe "before" and "after", so you can have a listen. The difference is night and day. GPO is a wonderful tool-
    That would be real cool to hear the difference. Be watching for your posts soon and good luck with the orchestrations! Yup! GPO is a great tool.
    A buddy of mine and me recently entered in the John Lennon songwriters contest with a song he wrote tribute to John Lennon. I orchestrated it with GPO and unfortunately cannot post here till the end of the contest. Not that I have the means anyway.
    Can't wait to hear your songs!
    Styxx

Re: Revisiting old mixes with new orchestration!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    That would be real cool to hear the difference. Be watching for your posts soon and good luck with the orchestrations! Yup! GPO is a great tool.
    A buddy of mine and me recently entered in the John Lennon songwriters contest with a song he wrote tribute to John Lennon. I orchestrated it with GPO and unfortunately cannot post here till the end of the contest. Not that I have the means anyway.
    Can't wait to hear your songs!
    I just posted a link today over in the song demo area...

Jim

Go Back to forum