• Register
  • Help

Topic: New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

I have just posted the Nocturne (2nd movement) of my 3 movement suite for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra. Listening time is 3:30 min.

www.digitalphilharmonic.com/om2.mp3

All except the Ondes Martenot were done with GPO, the Ondes sound is the one supplied with the Sibelius 3 program. It is a "plain vanilla" sound, but gives a good idea of its timber for this mock up.

If time permits in the next few weeks I will try to post this movement with a real Ondes Martenot playing the solo for comparison.

I also hope to post the uncompleted 1st movement shortly.

Hope you enjoy it

Ira Kraemer

Thumbs up Re: New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

Holly geezzz! Everyone has to hear this! Ira, You just gave a whole new meaning to the word, "AWESOME!" What a sound. Haunting yet strangely beautiful and desirous!
    People, this is a must!
    Thanks for posting - WOW! Damn Cool!

Ira, nice to hear from you Maestro and my respects for a great work of art.
    Styxx

Re: New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

Ira,

Styxx wrote: "Haunting yet strangely beautiful and desirous!" Agreed. I've always had a soft spot for the Ondes Martenot and I'll be very interested to hear the real thing added later on.

Tom

Re: New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

I remember when I first heard the Ondes Martenot..."GHOSTBUSTERS!" Poor Elmer...

Great piece.
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Thumbs up Re: New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Hopkins
    I remember when I first heard the Ondes Martenot..."GHOSTBUSTERS!" Poor Elmer...

Great piece.
    Yes, Elmer Bernstein was a true proponent of the Ondes Martenot and used it widely in his film scores. He also greatly helped the career of Cynthia Millar who is probably the best known "Ondiste" today.

Glad you all enjoyed the piece.

Ira Kraemer

Interesting piece! I like it. Nice and mysterious.

I wish I had an Ondes Martenot sound (and have been for a while). Anyone know of a relatively inexpensive library (Less than $400) that has one? Preferably sampled, not emulated, but I'll take what I can get...

Quote Originally Posted by DZComposer
    Interesting piece! I like it. Nice and mysterious.

I wish I had an Ondes Martenot sound (and have been for a while). Anyone know of a relatively inexpensive library (Less than $400) that has one? Preferably sampled, not emulated, but I'll take what I can get...
    Hi DZComposer
    I will be working on sampling my Ondes for Gary, very shortly, for inclusion in the future Avant Garde collection. I don't think that one has ever been sampled as of yet. They are very rare, fewer than 370 were ever made and don't know how many are in working condition and they haven't been made since 1987. Stay tuned

Regards
    Ira Kraemer

The Avant Garde collection!!!!!!!!!

So maybe that prepared piano I was dreaming of will be there too?
    "A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of unsuspecting musicians"

Talking Re: New GPO Demo: Nocturne for Ondes Martenot, Celeste, Harp and String Orchestra

Avant Garde Collection! I wonder what else... I can't wait!

Go Back to forum