• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is it possible to audition Samples in Gs3 editor?

Share/Bookmark

Cool Is it possible to audition Samples in Gs3 editor?

As stated in the topic:

Is it possible to edition Samples in the GS3 editor? Does somebody know!
    If so this should be a very valuable enhancement for me in GS3, because it is complicated to sort out the order of samples. Or you need to give them numbers when saving into a dedicated map. But better is auditioning before mapping out i'm very lazy i know i know.

Re: Is it possible to audition Samples in Gs3 editor?

Why nobody wants to answer this question. I put it 3 times as a question and still no answer! Is it that stupid to ask! Am i missing something? One thing which is missing in GS2.5 is that i can not audition samples in the editor! If nobody can answer then i will have to wait till i have GS3.0 installed.

Greetings Resident

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I'm sorry that I can't get to that question right now. It isn't because I don't want to answer it, it is just that I don't have time to dig into the editor in the middle of production.

As soon as I have a chance to take the Giga machines offline for a while, you'll get your answer. I just don't remember.

As far as instrument designing goes, however, Giga 3's editor is very much in the spirit of the previous one. Not so many apparent bells and whistles, but a lot of automation in putting together complex instruments if you get your samples all laid out, named properly, and ready for import.

The QuickEdit hits virtually all the parameters, but is more tailored for in-production use.

While were on the topic of editor... is it easier now to adjust stuff like attack and release, similar to kontakt, or must The editor still be used? And what if I want to extent the instument artificialy... can that be done on the fly, or again in the editor?

Talking Re: Is it possible to audition Samples in Gs3 editor?

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for answering at least there is something you don't know! Happily you are human too! No problem i did order GS3 today and will find out very soon! Hopefully the GS editor is improved in that direction.

Greetings Resident.

Here's also hoping the editor doesn't crash if you so much as look at it funny. That's the only part of Giga I ever found unstable, however.

--Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric G
    Here's also hoping the editor doesn't crash if you so much as look at it funny. That's the only part of Giga I ever found unstable, however.

--Eric
    That's why when I make my own instruments from samples I use VSampler. Not as quick as the GS Editor but when something isn't right I can find the error.

Go Back to forum