• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OLD Lady Flaw and PMI Customer Service

Share/Bookmark

Cool OLD Lady Flaw and PMI Customer Service

I've had the "Old Lady" for about a month now. I am overall happy with it except that there seems to be a programing flaw in the 3rd F above Middle C. When Played FFF with sustain it will play the 3rd F# above middle C. I have Written to Michael Post via email and on here and I am a little irritated not to get a response. Any other Old Lady Users have this same programing glitch? Anyone else have bad customer service from PMI - I thought the company had a good reputation and expected at least an answer within two weeks but, I've only recieved an email saying he was out of the office and would reply upon his return - last Thursday... .
    Tom Martin - a slightly disgrunted pianist.

www.thomasnathanielmartin.com

Re: OLD Lady Flaw and PMI Customer Service

Just FYI,

Many people in Europe take part or the whole month of August for vacation. Also, your typical sample developer only has 2-3 people working with them, if even that many -- they are very small businesses.

The few times I have sent an email to Michiel I have received a reply within a few days.

You stated you would normally expect a reply within two weeks, and his autoresponse stated he would return last Thursday. That would be August 26th. I am sure you will receive a reply soon.

What format? Giga? Kontakt? ...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Michiel must be out of town, otherwise you'd see him participating here on an almost daily basis. I have never known him to ignore a customer.

I'd suggest just opening up the editor and fixing the thing. I'm sure it's just a bad layer transposition. Why wait?

Hi Martin
    Yes I was on holyday and yes we stay away a little longer than most Americans
    My office manager replied to you but she did not put your alert on my list since it was supposed to be solved by the update disks that we sent to all our customers. Did you receive the final disk?

I am very busy finishing the GigaStudio 3 version of Emperor and Old Lady pianos. For more information visit thisGOLD BUNDLE GS3 INFO page.
    I did load the early version of Old Lady and found your error there. I must still check the final disk to see if it is still there. If it is I will certainly make an update available that solves this.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

So... I did check the update disk that we sent. The problem was there.
    I'll post a fix soon.
    this message was edited
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

The file says something like old lady Final compressed.gig. I've only recieved the one disk but, I will be on the lookout for another.
    Thanks,
    Thomas Martin

www.thomasnathanielmartin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    I am very busy finishing the GigaStudio 3 version of Emperor and Old Lady pianos. For more information visit thisGOLD BUNDLE GS3 INFO page.
    Thanks for the link. That was very interesting.

Tabbu

Quote Originally Posted by TNM
    The file says something like old lady Final compressed.gig. I've only recieved the one disk but, I will be on the lookout for another.
    Thanks,
    Thomas Martin
    Thomas,

From reading Michiel's post I would assume there is only ONE disk. Did you "uncompress" the .gig file you received and test it? Michiel thinks that disk has corrected the problem.

Hi Thomas,

I did play the "Old Lady Final Compressed" (creation date 20-8-04), found the problem and fixed it.
    You can download the articulation file that fixes the bug and adjusts the velocity scaling of the main instrument to 25 overall from our website:

Old Lady GS2 update 1

Installation of this bug fix:
    - load gig file
    - unzip update articulation
    - load articulation file
    - save gig file
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum