• Register
  • Help

Topic: keyswitches

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy keyswitches

I'm just starting with Giga and so far things are going well. The keyswitch items (pink coloured keys on the keyboard) in original Giga libraries are really great.
    Now I just started to import my Akai CD's and of course I would like to use this feature for the Akai CDs as well. How can I configure the imported Akais to use this feature? I'm shure its very easy but I can't find it in the manual. Who can help??

Thanx
    musicube

Re: keyswitches

My guess would be that sample libraries in the Akai format do not support keyswitch programs since this is feature exclusive to the Giga format .
    I believe the correct term for the pink keys are called "dimension keys".

If you're using S Converter (the buildt in import), you can use the "Combine to Gig" function to get different instruments into one Gig file. Then use the "Combine Instruments" function in the GS editor to make them into a multi dimensional instrument, choosing Keyboard as the dimension controler.

Note that you'll want to combine only 2 instruments at a time in the editor. Then combine those.

Be sure to download the Editor Tutorial from the support secion of the Tascam/Giga website:

http://www.tascamgiga.com/general.php

Smile Re: keyswitches

Great, it works. -But I did it via 'Merge Instruments'. Couldn't find another way to put different instruments into the GS Editor. Also I had to define the dimension keys. Now it works -and Akai CDs are much more worth now.
    Thanks a lot Bill!!

You can also drag-an-drop between Intruments. Just be sure to "drop" on the Bank.

Lightbulb Re: keyswitches

Dav Govett and Kevin Phelan have a fantastic 2CD tutorial.
    Get it .... now ....

I have the tutorial too and it helped a lot when I made my own keyswitches. Maybe they're going to make one for GS3 too. I'm looking forward to GS3. With all the extra dimensions, I'm going to make some monster keyswitch programs!
    Anthony Lombardi, composer
    www.anthonylombardi.com

Go Back to forum