• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade installation question

Share/Bookmark

Upgrade installation question

I have just bought the upgrade from Gigasampler 64 to Gigastudio 96. Does anyone know if I need to uninstall GSampler 64 first before I install GStudio 96? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Upgrade installation question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Cheung:
    Does anyone know if I need to uninstall GSampler 64 first before I install GStudio 96?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In short, yes.
    You should probably also remove any traces of the original installation in the registry as well. Try searching on the Tascam forum for a description of the process at http://209.216.16.19/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=16&DaysPrune=

I\'m a newbie but if this helps - I just installed GS96 with Gigasampler Lite still on my Win98 PC. The install process found GSLite right away and asked if I wanted to uninstall it and I said \"yes\". The install process then took a few minutes to uninstall GSLite and its GONE. Then it went right on ahead and installed GS96. So hopefully GigaStudio would do the same thing with Gigasampler 64 for you.

My only regret - the sample gigs from GS Lite are GONE too! Dang. There were a few good ones. Does anybody know if theres a way to capture these to my new GS96 from the Gigasampler Lite disc ?

And while we\'re at it - this sound finder thing went and found EVERY sound on my dang C boot drive - stupid microsoft bell sounds.. you name it. If its a wav file it found it and organized these as C folders in GS96 - while I do have my real gigs on my second drive E. Huh? I didnt really want these other sounds in GS! How do I delete these from GS96 without deleting them entirely from my computer? Is there a right click delete process I can use on these? Thanks for any pointers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lifeforce:

And while we\'re at it - this sound finder thing went and found EVERY sound on my dang C boot drive -
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first time you start Gigastudio it will search all your harddisks/partitions and this can take some time. After that it will only register changes made since last time. You can set the quicksound to search only specific drives/file types and also exclude any folders on the drives it searches. I think you find this under settings.

Go Back to forum