• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: why are conservatives so damn arrogant?

Share/Bookmark

Talking why are conservatives so damn arrogant?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    unlike true conservatives( like George Will, Ronalds Regan ) the modern conservative movement( neocons- like foxnews, hanity, o'riley,limbaugh,cutler etc) represents the worst of human nature.
    they are blaming, self centered, attacking,dishonest, close minded, punishing, , defensive and never admit they're wrong on any issue
    (pride)
    this is all most like a cult, anyone that even remotely disagrees with them get labeled un- patriot , a liberal and even guilty of treason. with amazement you can watch senator john mccain ( or other moderate conservatives) rebuke the Republicans for their insane actions , but the same criticism coming from anyone else gets swat down
    and silenced. what the hell are they all on drugs?!

Re: why are conservatives so damn arrogant?

Because they're desperately trying to convince themselves that a whole bunch of untenable positions are right.

My biggest issue with the neocons is the climate of fear they project. Fear is one of the simple base emotions and it gets right to the issue of surivival. Still I have to wonder if more people have died of heart attacks and strokes caused by the heightened stress of the past 3 years than died in the 9/11 attacks. There was an article on the common dreams site giving Cheney credit for speaking to the reptilian brain in order to raise the survival instinct and dull higher levels of reasoning. Here's a link;

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0817-13.htm

When you get down to it this is all politics. It's pulling every string possible to stay in power. I've begun to doubt this race will even be close because I had a political survey call recently and it just so happened her computer locked up during the call, after I had indicated I would be voting for Kerry. So my opinion was not registered. Now a lot of folks here in Iowa are Bush supporters, but there is a lot of support for Kerry and it's more visible than 4 years ago when Gore won this state by 3000 votes. That's just the way I see it.

Steve Chandler

Exclamation Re: why are conservatives so damn arrogant?

and it gets worse! do a google seach on: bush vnr medical
    here's 2 links:
    http://www.vueweekly.com/articles/default.aspx?i=25
    http://www.newslab.org/articles/vnrs.htm

my question is this how in the world can anyone justify lying like this??
    answer: by practicing character defects of denial, dishonesty and rationalization! intresting when this story broke not a word from
    fox-jaezera.

And yet where was your outrage when Michael Moore's lies and deceptions were put together and packaged as a "Truthful Documentary" called Farenheit 9/11?

So...you really don't care about this...you just want to scrape the barrel and find something else to be outraged about with Bush.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    And yet where was your outrage when Michael Moore's lies and deceptions were put together and packaged as a "Truthful Documentary" called Farenheit 9/11?

So...you really don't care about this...you just want to scrape the barrel and find something else to be outraged about with Bush.
    NICE TRY! hmm... we hav'nt meet personally! my girlfriend and some other friends could'nt get me to see 911 becuase I felt that( bassed on the trailers and word of mouth) it was done kinda shabby. for example if you use news footage it should be titled and dated. its too easy to take things out of context. too much of what moores complaints about bush seem personal and i did'nt want to be bomabarded with political rhetoric of 911.
    I worked for ABC that day and had to edit lots of things you viewers didn't get to see. also since i already know moore hates bush why do i need see 911? i would like to see i completly unbiased documantary on this - perhaps on the history channel 30 years from now!
    btw I dont need to scrap any barrels as long as the bushes folks are up to antics like this!

It seems to me that fundamentalist religious beliefs are behind much of what we see in the intractability of much of not only this country, but around the world right now.

Obviously when you see the world in terms of good and evil and you believe to be on the side of good, it becomes easy to rationalize all sorts of unhealthy behaviour.

After all, people who hold those beliefs are bound to carry out the dogma of their faith where logic and reason become simply a tool of satan to tempt them.

No offense, Mike, but you should see 9/11 before coming to any knee-jerk conclusions - especially the ones you've come to, which just suck because they're based on Foxworthy lies. This was a powerfully affecting, extremely well-made film. Even conservatives should see it - or I should say especially conservatives. You're wrong to think that you can phone in your reactions.

Brian, I can only fart in your general direction for those shameful lies you're perpetuating. If you want to disagree with the film, fine, but to spread that crap that is just terrible.

According to Time magazine, there are just two points that Moore exaggerated, and both have to do with ****'s ties to the Saudis. The larger point Moore's making, which is that he has those ties, is not an exaggeration (for example, ****'s buddy the Saudi Ambassador knew about the Iraq mistake before Colin Powell). And it's only one part of the film. There's lots more that is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Please, Brian, point out the lies and deceptions. Come on. Give up yet?

On his website, Moore has addressed all of the attacks against the film and pretty much blown them out of the water. So, please don't YOU be the one spreading lies and deceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    It seems to me that fundamentalist religious beliefs are behind much of what we see in the intractability of much of not only this country, but around the world right now.

Obviously when you see the world in terms of good and evil and you believe to be on the side of good, it becomes easy to rationalize all sorts of unhealthy behaviour.

After all, people who hold those beliefs are bound to carry out the dogma of their faith where logic and reason become simply a tool of satan to tempt them.
    Well said.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast