• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO & Mac G5

Share/Bookmark

GPO & Mac G5

Hi,

Just some words to say I'm not very happy with one thing:
    I bought GPo 8 month ago, but I'm able to use it correctly since one week because the computer where I installed it could not offer enough power and RAM (titanium G4) After few month, I've shared enough money to get a new one. So I decided to by one of the best (and also one of the most expensive) to be sure that it will work: power mac G5 , 2x2ghz and 2,5 ghz RAM.
    I installed the GPO but I still have big problems ( the sound crashes) when I play my music with overture. So I go on the web site to see what kind of problems it was, and I saw that I had to download an upgrade to make it work correctly.
    but my surprise is that I have to spend 49 euros for this upgrade! I think it should be free, aspecially when it's only an upgrade to solve some technical problems.

Thumbs up Re: GPO & Mac G5

Hmmm, this sounds a bit strange. Is it Overture you are trying to upgrade?
    You should post this in "Support and Technical" as well.
    Also, hang in there. You are in the right place for help. I am positive there is a solution for you by one of our Overture users.
    Styxx

Re: GPO & Mac G5

$49 is for the Kontakt upgrade, not the Kontakt Player. The Kontakt player upgrades are free. Go to the www.personalorchestra.com webpage and click on Support. There is a link which takes you to the Native Instruments site to download the latest player.

[QUOTE=Styxx]Hmmm, this sounds a bit strange. Is it Overture you are trying to upgrade?
    No, it's not a problem with overture, but it seems with the GPo studio (I think)
    I have allready dowloaded the last upgrade of overture (3.6 for mac)
    my problem is that I have a very big noise when I load to many instruments in overture, specialy with big orchestral cresc. I've checked the cpu and it's ok.
    I saw on the GPO web site that I had to download a patch to solve this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    $49 is for the Kontakt upgrade, not the Kontakt Player. The Kontakt player upgrades are free. Go to the www.personalorchestra.com webpage and click on Support. There is a link which takes you to the Native Instruments site to download the latest player.
    I've allready downloaded the last upgrade of the player...

bmtl,

You should not have to pay any upgrade fees for the player. The updates are free. A G5 is certainly enough power to handle what you need to do. As far as the sound crashes, I'm not sure what you mean and it could be the result of many things - such as a sound card setting or a configuration or setup in your software or hardware. It would be best if you could email me with specifics and we can troubleshoot the problem and get you running problem free.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    bmtl,

You should not have to pay any upgrade fees for the player. The updates are free. A G5 is certainly enough power to handle what you need to do. As far as the sound crashes, I'm not sure what you mean and it could be the result of many things - such as a sound card setting or a configuration or setup in your software or hardware. It would be best if you could email me with specifics and we can troubleshoot the problem and get you running problem free.

Gary Garritan

Thank you so much for your answer.
    here is the configuration of my computer:
    Power Mac G5 bi-processeur (2x2 ghz) with2,5 Go of RAM.
    I use core audio.
    The softs I'm using:
    - Overture 3.6 (upgraded from 3.5)
    - GPO studio
    I'm also using DP 4.12 to have finest orchestral results, and I don't have any problem with.
    I just wish I could edit (and ear) directly a score, without using DP 4, because, sometimes, I have to write and edit music very fast.
    thank you so much for your answer.
    I apologize if I was a little big angry in my first message, but I was so desapointed! On the other hand, I'm very happy to use GPO; it works very well (in DP4http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=190367#, and I have a great pleasure to use it.
    Best regards
    Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by bmtl
    Thank you so much for your answer.
    here is the configuration of my computer:
    Power Mac G5 bi-processeur (2x2 ghz) with2,5 Go of RAM.

I'm also using DP 4.12 to have finest orchestral results, and I don't have any problem with.

Best regards
    Laurent
    I do not want to confuse matters but do you know of the special MAS AU update for DP4.12:

http://lasso.motu.com/downloads/list...ending&-search

They say it is particularly useful for G5...but maybe you are saying that you have no problem with DP.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by bmtl
    So I decided to by one of the best (and also one of the most expensive) to be sure that it will work: power mac G5 , 2x2ghz and 2,5 ghz RAM.
    Bmtl, has this issue been resolved for you? I have a similar setup to yours which is why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick
    Bmtl, has this issue been resolved for you? I have a similar setup to yours which is why I'm asking.
    No, I didn't resolve the problem. As I said, I don't have any problem with DP 4.12 and I have allready downloaded the patch for my G5.
    But today I' ve just finish a score in DP, and, I'm beguining to copy it into Overture (via a midi file) All my setups are saved ( I can ear dynamics) but I still have the problem, especialy with big orchestral cresc. or when a lot of instruments are playing together, the sound crashes as well as I can't ear any thing but the noise.
    I'm happy to work with DP 4 but sometimes, I wish I could write into Overture directly.
    I should perhaps send a message on the geniesoft website, I think there's a problem with their soft.

Go Back to forum