• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Not sure i can wait

Share/Bookmark

Not sure i can wait

I'v thought about it a lot and i'm not sure i can wait for GS3...I now have my internal clock set for a ship date of 8-23-04 and because i chose the $12 next day air delivery choice i should be using GS3 on Tuesday night!!!

However... and there is always an however. I don't really think they will ship on Monday cause.. well...i just don't, OK.

So I'm thinking of driving to Texas, breaking in and grabbing one of the boxes sitting by the shipping managers desk and then i won't have to wait like the rest of you! Who's with me...

I'm not really sure where in Texas to drive to, i think it was Austin so i guess i'll start there.

Over the Edge giga...

Re: Not sure i can wait

Development is in Texas; sales is in Montebello, California.

Don't drive to Texas this weekend!

-JF

And Buddah is in Japan, I mean Tascam.

You're assuming it'll even be ready to ship on Monday, which would require that someone at Tascam actually told the truth, and that would be unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by peter0302
    You're assuming it'll even be ready to ship on Monday, which would require that someone at Tascam actually told the truth, and that would be unprecedented.

Why are you and you alone being so slanderous? There are others here who are frustrated with the wait, but no one else seems to outrightly call these people liars. It seems strange that you have only just joined these forums in July. It leads me to wonder if you are somehow affiliated with or interested in promoting another product and feel you stand to benefit from damaging the reputation of these people. Certainly this topic was light-hearted until your post, wouldn't you say? I hope you're not over the age of 14 - if so it might be too late for you to ever learn some manners.

Liars? Well, I am not judging whether they are giving false information intentionally, or it is just their total incompetence at making reasonable time estimates. Nevertheless, not a single time estimate regarding GS3, from shipping to so much as when the website would be updated, has been accurate. I don't think it's slanderous to say that.

PS - I would make another product if I could. Shame Tascam owns the patent on low latency hard disk streaming, preventing competitors from making viable products. Unfortunately there is no viable competitor to Gigastudio right now. Tascam is abusing their monopoly knowing this fact.

andyt

I think if you read Synthetic's last posting you will see that it reads will ship to dealers and upgraders on 23rd. I understand that to mean that they will dispatch on the 23rd ... it doesn't mean dealers will recieve it in the 23rd ... does it ?

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the earliest end users will see it is next Friday / Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by peter0302
    PS - I would make another product if I could. Shame Tascam owns the patent on low latency hard disk streaming, preventing competitors from making viable products. Unfortunately there is no viable competitor to Gigastudio right now. Tascam is abusing their monopoly knowing this fact.
    I think that is an inaccurate statement seeing as Kontakt is every bit as good as 2.5 if not better. I think GS3 will change that but Kontakt 2 will be on their heels. I use both so I look forward to either.
    Chris

[QUOTE=peter0302]Liars? Well, I am not judging whether they are giving false information intentionally, or it is just their total incompetence at making reasonable time estimates. Nevertheless, not a single time estimate regarding GS3, from shipping to so much as when the website would be updated, has been accurate. I don't think it's slanderous to say that. QUOTE]

Well then I apologize. I thought you were actually accusing them of intentionally misleading customers.

hv

Quote Originally Posted by astrt4
    Why are you and you alone being so slanderous? There are others here who are frustrated with the wait, but no one else seems to outrightly call these people liars.
    I've ordered GS3, enthusastically await its arrival, and have the highest hopes and best wishes for it. But I wouldn't want to ever have to defend Tascam in court... at least not on a contigency.

Howard

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast