• Register
  • Help

Topic: Romantic Tune...

Share/Bookmark

Romantic Tune...

It started out relatively simple, but I ended up using quite a lot of instrumentation.

Here's the list (probably forgot something...)

Bards Bose,
    Bards Accordian,
    Akai Guitars Nylon sample,
    BG Soprano Sax,
    Ultimate String Violin, US Basses,
    Sams horns/Trumpets/Trombones,
    Westgate Flutes and Clarinet,
    Vota Angels, Ultimate Orchestral Percussion: Timpani, Cymbal, Triangle, Glock,
    Purrrfect Drums..

I doubled the sop sax withe Bards accordian which to me, creates a nice unique soft but distinct sound...

http://www.sportersstudio.com/Songs/Romance.mp3

Re: Romantic Tune...

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    It started out relatively simple, but I ended up using quite a lot of instrumentation.

Here's the list (probably forgot something...)

Bards Bose,
    Bards Accordian,
    Akai Guitars Nylon sample,
    BG Soprano Sax,
    Ultimate String Violin, US Basses,
    Sams horns/Trumpets/Trombones,
    Westgate Flutes and Clarinet,
    Vota Angels, Ultimate Orchestral Percussion: Timpani, Cymbal, Triangle, Glock,
    Purrrfect Drums..

I doubled the sop sax withe Bards accordian which to me, creates a nice unique soft but distinct sound...

http://www.sportersstudio.com/Songs/Romance.mp3

It's a nice tune Sporter. I understand that you wrote it with your 14th wedding anniversary dinner in mind. What I would say, is that maybe it's a little cluttered. What I mean is, say the orchestration is a metaphor for the accoutrements on your anniversary dinner table. Why, it would be so crowded that you and your lady wife would be communicating by semaphor after about 2 mintues, if you were sitting at either end of it.

Less orchestration would bring out what is a nice, simple theme in my view. There's no point in waving flags at each other across a crowded dining table, is there? Although, some may find that quite romantic, come to think of it.

Nevertheless, I liked it and have a nice anniversary.

PR

Smile Re: Romantic Tune...

Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words. Yes, it might work better if the "nice and simple" theme remained more constant throughtout the tune, without the build up. I might play around with the mix and pull some stuff back, or out completely.

Good call..

Re: Romantic Tune...

Quote Originally Posted by sporter
    Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words. Yes, it might work better if the "nice and simple" theme remained more constant throughtout the tune, without the build up. I might play around with the mix and pull some stuff back, or out completely.

Good call..
    My pleasure and I'm glad you took it in the fun way it was meant to be in. That's just it for me. Tunes and themes one hears very little of, when listening to MP3's. It's usually more along the vein of full blown orchestral works, and of course, they are very good.
    But when it come to themes or tunes, whatever you want to call it, they should be simple and easy to remember. Most of the best one's you can whistle down the street, and it's just as difficult to write something like that in some ways, as a great big orchestral work.

Good to know you.

PR

Go Back to forum