• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tourniquet - Beta Testers Needed!

Share/Bookmark

Tourniquet - Beta Testers Needed!

UI subject to slight change.

We will need beta testers soon! Please email me (alan@alanjoseph.com) with your sequencer, libs expected to be used with, system specifications etc...

Should be ready to beta within 3-4 days we hope - and will be available from LastLibs and SigmaDelta Audio Labs to all forum memebers for FREE!

Thanks everyone!
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: Tourniquet - Beta Testers Needed!

Alan,

Is this a PC-only plug, or for Mac as well?

Ned,

The plug is compatible with any VST-compatible host (Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar with use of DXi wrapper) and should function on both PC and Mac. "should" being the operative word, which is why we are looking for beta-testers before releasing publicly.

Thanks for your interest.

20 Things

Holy smokes! This is gonna be awesome! I'd love to beta test it, but I don't know that I have time. Freaking damn tutorials.

Hey Alan,
    I really like the UI. It's very functional and intuitive.

What does "dark" mean?

It looks like typical compression controls, so is the distortion element factored in by the amount of compression?
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Hello! Im in charge of R&D for lastlibs.com new line of upcoming plugins. Ill try to answer the questions so far.

Is this a PC-only plug, or for Mac as well?
    PC-ONLY right now. My apologies but considerable research has been done for the processing alone. The programming aspect was done with PC in mind only. In the future I will be converting to a cross-platform development library for development (www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/JUCE/).

What does "dark" mean?

It looks like typical compression controls, so is the distortion element factored in by the amount of compression?
    This is an analog emulation of a not-so-well-known but extremely good sounding compressor. The controls have strict restraints on their bounds of change to internal parameters. Not meant to be an all-around compressor for general use. There is also a distortion element to the sound based soley upon that which is present in the compressor that has been modelled. The distortion is more present in the low-frequency portion of the signal with decaying harmonics above. The change in perceived balance tends to cause the low-end to become slightly more prominent, thicker to say, and by some people's comments, "dark".

This has been specifically made to compliment lastlibs.com current sample library and upcoming efforts. Along with upcoming libraries there will be a line of plugins specifically tailored for that library. Both emulations of processes used in modern use of the specific sound in the library, and unique new ideas to help the user create their own sound(s).

If there's anymore questions I will pop in to answer them best I can! Thank you!
    SigmaDelta Audio Labs 727-385-5260

Thank you Rob for taking the time to post...

I put Rob in charge of DSP Research and Development for LastLibs and Bela D Media's upcoming products. This will allow us to offer unique, exclusive VST plugins build just for our libs.

With the cooperation of LastLibs, Bela D and SigmaDelta Audio Labs, expect a new level of flexibility and quality in our upcoming releases.

20 Things

Beta Testing is full... thanks everyone.

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by chocothrax
    Welcome Robert. I love you.
    I love you too, wanna mint?

Hrm. That is scary stuff.

Go Back to forum