• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some Weird Problem

Share/Bookmark

Some Weird Problem

Hi,

I just wondered. This problem isn\'t happening too much, but I don\'t know how to solve this problem.

First of all, here are my system specs :
    AMD Athlon 800Mhz (T-Bird)
    ASUS A7V (KT133)
    640Mb RAM PC133
    Windows 98SE English
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
    Gigastudio 2.2
    Cakewalk SONAR
    Sonic Foundry Sound Forge XP (bundled with Audigy)
    3.5Gb Hard Drive (Main applications/OS drive)
    30Gb Quantum LS 30Bg 7200RPM HDD (Gigastudio files)

I loaded about 60% of my memory, played back using Sonar and Gigastudio a sonf I\'ve made. I record simultaneously using Soundforge XP to my 3.5 Gb Hard drive (to avoid performance problem while reading on the 30Gb HDD , where the samples are stored). I heard many clicks and pops (usually I don\'t get any, or I rarely get some), and, in the middle of the song, my computer rebooted by itself, I touched nothing! Polyphony was last peaked at 100. I am able to get to 133 polyphony without any problems (I didn\'T try more...)...any clue on what\'s happening?

Also, I got another question : say I load xSample clarinets in Giga, and I use only the xFade patches. I know I can load the entire library and unload selected patches in the loaded instruments tab to free up memory. But is there a way to load PARTIALLY a library? I saved performance files after removing what I didn\'t want loaded, but the performance file still loads the full libraries. Also, it assigns the first patch of the library, and I can\'T change it, unless I unload the selected instrument in the channel and assign manually another instrument in the tab....

Thanks!

Archangel

Re: Some Weird Problem

This article on Prorec regarding Pace copy protection may be of interest to this discussion.
    http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/4F0B51C39C17DA6386256B7F0077FBA6

When you read the article you\'ll notice discussion of a computer rebooting by itself. Are you using any of the Waves plug-ins? If so the answer is here

Steve

To load just the Xfade articulation do the following:

Click the + sign next to the clarinet gig which will then show all of the articulations. Then select just the articulation you need which would be the Xfade one in this case.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pantonality:
    This article on Prorec regarding Pace copy protection may be of interest to this discussion.
    http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/4F0B51C39C17DA6386256B7F0077FBA6

When you read the article you\'ll notice discussion of a computer rebooting by itself. Are you using any of the Waves plug-ins? If so the answer is here

Steve
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

I can\'t go to the site right now, but I\'ll check later... I don\'t use any plugins by the way... only thing I\'m using is the reverb provided by Sound Blaster Audigy, which is hardware.

You said something about copy protection.. why is that?

Also my computer rebooted by itself again yesterday, this time playing xSample clarinets and a 32Mb free Steinway piano (velocity was no more than 44). Can it be a hard drive problem?

Archangel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:
    To load just the Xfade articulation do the following:

Click the + sign next to the clarinet gig which will then show all of the articulations. Then select just the articulation you need which would be the Xfade one in this case.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

I checked but did not found what you were talking about. Is it in the dialog box where you open the .gig file? Or is it in a panel that I didn\'t see?

Btw, checked the site about PACE copy protection. Wow, I can\'t believe that a software would have problems with copy protection regarding to stability! It\'s a chance I didn\'t buy it then

Archangel

It should be in the bottom right hand window where you select the gigs. You may need to change the resolution on your monitor to see the whole window. 1024x768 barely shows the instruments at the bottom. Mine is set at 1280x1024.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:
    It should be in the bottom right hand window where you select the gigs. You may need to change the resolution on your monitor to see the whole window. 1024x768 barely shows the instruments at the bottom. Mine is set at 1280x1024.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were right! I set my resolution at 1280x1024 and I saw the thing you\'re talking about.

Thanks!

Archangel

Go Back to forum