• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do i get rid of the "fuzzy" background sound?

Share/Bookmark

How do i get rid of the "fuzzy" background sound?

How do i get rid of the "fuzzy" background sound?, i notice when using using modulation (doing crescendos for instance) , i hear this "fuzzy" sound in the background, its really annoying, i think i read somewhere that has something to do with the frequences or something like that? i use gpo only with the garritan ambience, no equalizers, nothing, just that. i heard some demos and they were crystal clear, so i guess there's a solution to this problem.
    need some help

Re: How do i get rid of the "fuzzy" background sound?

It could be clipping or 'fuzz' from your soundcard I guess. It's kind of hard to say. I've never noticed it before. Is it a particular instrument that this is happening with or is it all of them? Could you post a link to an example? The more details you can give us the better. I don't think I've heard it mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    It could be clipping or 'fuzz' from your soundcard I guess. It's kind of hard to say. I've never noticed it before. Is it a particular instrument that this is happening with or is it all of them? Could you post a link to an example? The more details you can give us the better. I don't think I've heard it mentioned before.
    its not the soundcard, just bought a new one recently, i don't know, maybe its normal cuz i can only hear it with headphones...

It may be the frequency response of your headphones. Mine aren't 'pristine' at certain frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by the emperor
    How do i get rid of the "fuzzy" background sound?
    Are you hearing this on all voices or only certain ones? And what mod and volume level?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    Are you hearing this on all voices or only certain ones? And what mod and volume level?
    its mainly on the violins ensembles, the velocity mod , i think its something to do with the treble, cuz if i take the treble in the garritan anbience that sound decreases, but the violions lose the lush eheh. anyway its not like a huge noise, its just a little little fuzzy noise in the background, like i said maybe its normal, my ear is just too sharp, its no big deal, i just heard one demo had it has that liitle noise too, so maybe i'm just hearing stuff

Could it be bow noise your hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Could it be bow noise your hearing?
    well don't know, but i don't think so....

Well it could be you're just writing 'fuzzy' sounding music! I used to worry than my strings sounded a bit fuzzy, before I got GPO. But it was actually just the voicings I used. If you listen to, for example, to Gorecki's 3rd or Taverners Protecting Veil or John Adam's Shaker Loops, the the strings sound quite fuzzy on the 'real thing'. It's kind of part and parcel of a sustained string part with close voicings. Maybe?
    "A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of unsuspecting musicians"

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat
    Well it could be you're just writing 'fuzzy' sounding music! I used to worry than my strings sounded a bit fuzzy, before I got GPO. But it was actually just the voicings I used. If you listen to, for example, to Gorecki's 3rd or Taverners Protecting Veil or John Adam's Shaker Loops, the the strings sound quite fuzzy on the 'real thing'. It's kind of part and parcel of a sustained string part with close voicings. Maybe?
    yeh i think you're right, i've heard gorecki's 3rd and a couple of other works where i noticed that also but i thought it was the sound quality.
    its in a adagio i'm doing i have the problem, so i guess its the sustain...

Go Back to forum