• Register
  • Help

Topic: call me stupid...

Share/Bookmark

call me stupid...

for some reason i really thought that Tascam would ship on the 23rd... Bruce's comments and "Synthetic" seemed to be saying the same thing, and also the people who were pre-ordering were hearing the same thing...the 23rd...

So i started to believe, and then when i finally ordered my upgrade and the said early next week...i continued to believe.

I guess i am stupid. I know it does not matter when GS3 gets here, but I own a business and i can tell you this, Tascam is not telling us when we will get this new software for one reason and one reason only...

They simply have no idea, when we will get it...Customer service doesn't know, Synthetic, doesn't know and nobody else at the company knows.

That is a very bad place to be as a business. If you think this is a bad omen for how we will be treated when it comes time to "bug fix" you are right.

I feel sorry for them. Imagine taking call after call after call and having to just "make [nss][nss][nss][nss] up" about the product you are trying to support.

Missing the 23rd has way bigger implications than just "missing the 23rd"
    and everyone of you who have been waiting for this release knows it.

sad giga...

Re: call me stupid...

I hope somebody there is keeping a diary of events. I'm sure that they believe what they have been saying, but haven't taken all of the details into account when making their schedule estimates. The software date is really hard to guess, but the manufacturing time is more predictable - once you've actually gone through the process.

By recording what they did and how long it took to do it, they should be able to estimate the logistics part much better in the future.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    They simply have no idea, when we will get it...Customer service doesn't know, Synthetic, doesn't know and nobody else at the company knows.
    That is simply not true. I am sure that there IS someone in charge of packaging and physical distribution, because Synthetic is getting his information from someone.

Regarding a "bad omen", I will give Tascam the benefit of the doubt, and I will therefore not condemn them until I personally have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    I will therefore not condemn them until I personally have problems.
    LOL! Not very optimistic, are we??? Expecting problems so soon?

I know what you meant, I just thought it sounded funny the way you wrote it...

- Keith

Quote Originally Posted by kbaccki
    LOL! Not very optimistic, are we??? Expecting problems so soon?

I know what you meant, I just thought it sounded funny the way you wrote it...

- Keith
    As with any major software update, I assume there will be some problems that won't be found until the entire user base gets a chance to use it.

Go Back to forum