• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a definitive XP-GIGA conflicts FAQ?

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Is there a definitive XP-GIGA conflicts FAQ?

My Gigastudio 32 was always a little touchy on my XP Home OS on a Sony Vaio, but after a recent re-install it now causes system errors that delay the startup of the PC:

"Gigastudio has recovered from a serious error. Do you want to disable all drivers" [paraphrasing]

It worked fine in the past on my Terratec EWX2496, and of course the quality is unsurpassed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim

Re: Is there a definitive XP-GIGA conflicts FAQ?

What's you sound card?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    What's you sound card?
    Greetings from kinda nearby Westchester.

Terratec EWX2496, purchased expressly to get into Gigastudio (GSIF enabled)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Dempsey
    My Gigastudio 32 was always a little touchy on my XP Home OS on a Sony Vaio, but after a recent re-install it now causes system errors that delay the startup of the PC:

"Gigastudio has recovered from a serious error. Do you want to disable all drivers" [paraphrasing]

It worked fine in the past on my Terratec EWX2496, and of course the quality is unsurpassed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim
    When it does that hit No and wait about 10 minutes. If it still happens try disabling the MSG32.exe in startup. Then everytime you want to run GS go to Start-Run and type Msg32.exe. It's worth a try.

There is a program called 'userinit' or maybe 'inituser' which must complete on startup before you can start gigastudio -- otherwise you get the various 'can not start/please re-install' errors. Other than being patient, and with crashes when making many changes to fx settings, have not had problems with GS and XP.

I have read a few posts in other forums complaining about Sony VAIO products and music applications. Supposedly they do some funky stuff with drivers and other software they have written.

I also had some personal experience with my brother's VAIO desktop. It didn't have any music apps, but it kept 'locking' every once and awhile. It also had Win XP Home.

I would suggest that your next computer not be a Sony.

Go Back to forum