• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hi Guys! Back from D.C. rumor mill

Share/Bookmark

Wink Hi Guys! Back from D.C. rumor mill

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Well I just got back from a vacation to D.C. I just thought I would poke my head in and say I’m back, hello!, and things, and ask if anyone has flamed me while I was gone? Any unanswered attacks I need to ignore/defend? How’s Brady? Did we convert him to a flaming liberal yet? Is Nick having treatment in a padded cell somewhere as a result of our mindless babble? Is Mr. Ralston ready for the relentless communist liberal assault? (after getting back from DC, I’m a little frisky ).

I missed our mindless ramble here and all who participate. I hope that you all have resolved nothing in the past two weeks. I would be gravely concerned if any debates have turned civil as this would be an entirely unexpected development and catch me entirely off guard.

Please fill me in!

Regards,
    Citizen2112, National I.D.: 1.6180339887498948482 (I got to pick mine ‘cause daddy works for the Feds )
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Hi Guys! Back from D.C. rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]Well I just got back from a vacation to D.C. I just thought I would poke my head in and say I’m back, hello!, and things, and ask if anyone has flamed me while I was gone?
    Welcome back. But we all pretty much agree now that moderate-to-liberal is the only way to go now. Who would've guessed. So the arguing is a thing of the past. Brady has decided to devote his life and 90% of his earnings to the poor, Brian is backing Kerry for Prez and Wes has joined the new political action group, Swiftboat Captains Against Smear Campaigns. It was hard, hard work, but, thanks to a group liberal effort, we got them to see the light.

Sorry you missed it all.

Please disperse. There's nothing to see here. Please disperse.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Hi guys!

Ok some rumor from D.C. (usually bogus)

1) Since I cannot travel by plane very often for medical reasons, and also since I often like to meet and talk with people who can’t afford airline travel, my wife and I took a 36 hour bus trip each way. Fun stuff! (Don’t try it). During the trip up and back, we encountered and spoke with 4 veterans returning from Iraq. They claim that their pay was increased many times, but that the general consensus among military personal currently serving overseas is that Bush is a loser and that they will vote for Kerry.
    2) A Kerry supporter at an Ivy League university (forgot which one) says that Bush will win the election with 57% of the popular vote according to his poll sampling research.
    3) Almost every Vietnam veteran we ran across is solid Bush. The swift boat routine is working very well.
    4) Rumor that Cheney will fake a heart attack so that Rudy Juliani will replace Cheney as VP running mate. (might make the convention worth watching).
    5) We had dinner with a 2 star general in the US Army…support Kerry (unless we misunderstood).
    6) Other contacts I cannot speak of in intelligence services – support Kerry. They say that Bush has done major damage to national security.
    7) The White House is sealed off from the public. The Washington Monument is being entrenched and the whole town is an armed camp.
    8) In the Washington Metro, the voice says “Please be alert and report anything suspicious to the nearest metro police or capitol police”. My friend who lived in Chile says this is exactly what he heard when Pinochet came to power (along with God, Family, and Country!)
    9) CIA is tired of being hung out to dry. Pentagon is sick of Rumsfeld. Powell is sick of all of the above.
    10) General consensus: The FBI is a joke (and a very bad one).
    11) Lots of graffiti “Bush caused 9/11” is everywhere including the barricades surrounding the monuments. Serious charges there. Better prove it first!

Just a few…more later if any interest. Can't wait to see Brady pipe in on this one! We knew he was a lefty at heart!

Ern. I got your PM. I sent a reply a long time ago. It Might have gotten lost in cyberspace. The new retro Rush Feedback CD is way cool!

Welcome back. But we all pretty much agree now that moderate-to-liberal is the only way to go now. Who would've guessed. So the arguing is a thing of the past. Brady has decided to devote his life and 90% of his earnings to the poor, Brian is backing Kerry for Prez and Wes has joined the new political action group, Swiftboat Captains Against Smear Campaigns. It was hard, hard work, but, thanks to a group liberal effort, we got them to see the light.

Sorry you missed it all.
    Well Done Rob!!!! You've been busy!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Now, Rob, why are you saying this? I thought we had managed to convince you to become a staunch Capitalist and defender of individual rights? I thought you'd finally decided to vote libertarian? Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Welcome back Brian! Good to see you here again.

Nice responses, but please consider Brian's needs at this time. He's just returned from a place where the most visible people are divided into warring camps, constantly ragging on each other across impassable divides. Now he's back...here. We must make him feel at home.

This isn't in my job description, but I think this qualifies as an emergency.

Brian, your posts indicate that you have no clue. Never have I seen someone exposed to so much fact absorb so little truth. I'd explain it to you, but an hour ago I started teaching calculus to the neighbor's dog. He's a lot brighter than you, so I'll expend effort where it will do the most good.

How's that? Critiques are welcome.

hey what about bin ladin to be "captured " a week before the election!

I haven't been around much 'cause I'm home on "parental leave" until October. Ahhh! One of the benefits of a liberal policy, no doubt!

This time off has sure confirmed something for me. An adjustment to retired life would not be all that difficult for me! Sigh. Only 28 more years to go.

Is Mr. Ralston ready for the relentless communist liberal assault?
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff" - Frank Zappa

Rob

Talking Re: Hi Guys! Back from D.C. rumor mill

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blankenau
    Nice responses, but please consider Brian's needs at this time. He's just returned from a place where the most visible people are divided into warring camps, constantly ragging on each other across impassable divides. Now he's back...here. We must make him feel at home.

This isn't in my job description, but I think this qualifies as an emergency.

Brian, your posts indicate that you have no clue. Never have I seen someone exposed to so much fact absorb so little truth. I'd explain it to you, but an hour ago I started teaching calculus to the neighbor's dog. He's a lot brighter than you, so I'll expend effort where it will do the most good.

ROFL!!! OK All is well!!! Paul, I still say your sitting on a million bucks with your humor! I have never seen such potential ownage in all my years of flame warfare!
    I would vote for Paul for Prez in a NY second! Paul Blankenau for President!!!!!

P.S. Paul, I'm buying a new car. Should I just pop off the vehicle logo and send it to you to "initiate"? or do you think you might lose sleep and end up in Texas anytime soon?...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blankenau

Too passe.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast