• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hey Tascam

Share/Bookmark

Hey Tascam

go to the Spectrasonics web site...now THAT is how you release your software!!!

www.spectrasonics.net/

This just should not be soooooo hard...

giga...

Re: Hey Tascam

Well, just to be fair (which I rarealy am! ), is there any guarantee that Spectrasonics won't be delayed?

All Tascam had to do was say "GS 3.0 will be ready this Fall" and no one would be mad.

To be REALLY fair, Spectrasonics original announced release date was September, 2004:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...tylus-RMX.html

As I have said before, creating entirely new software involves estimates, which may or may not turn out to be true. Hopefully the software is already done, so they have exactly 2 months to complete the replication and packaging!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    go to the Spectrasonics web site...now THAT is how you release your software!!!

www.spectrasonics.net/

This just should not be soooooo hard...

giga...
    I have it "in writing" that it will be released in September, so it must be true :>)

Daryl

Spectrasonics is also very generous in their upgrade pricing. I bought Stylus a few months ago and they are giving me RMX for free.

ben

Quote Originally Posted by soxfanben
    Spectrasonics is also very generous in their upgrade pricing. I bought Stylus a few months ago and they are giving me RMX for free.

ben
    What kind of music do you do?

Smile Re: Hey Tascam

Lee,

Exactly!

Oh by the way, Ableton does this, PropellarHeads does it. There are plenty of models out there to follow, i guess tascam just needs to pay attention to them.

GS3 will be great when it gets here and lets hope that Tascam matures from this episode and does not repeat it!

giga...

Talking Re: Hey Tascam

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    GS3 will be great when it gets here and lets hope that Tascam matures from this episode and does not repeat it!

giga...
    Huraahh For Giga!!!!
    You seem to have matured with the aging that you must have gone through over GS3's gestation period.

No more cynicism, right?

Smile Re: Hey Tascam

Truth is i love GS and because i got a brand new computer last spring and got it all set up based on Tascam's delivery dates i felt more than a little pissed that they could not even come within 10 miles of a true delivery date...

But I'm feeling much better now.........

giga...

Truth is i love GS and because i got a brand new computer last spring and got it all set up based on Tascam's delivery dates i felt more than a little pissed that they could not even come within 10 miles of a true delivery date...

But I'm feeling much better now.........

I did the same - purchased a new high performance system in anticipation of a late spring arrival. If I puchased my system now, I would have gotten more cpu performance (3.2GHz rather than 2.8GHz) for the same price. No complaints - I love GS. I just should have waited until the product was in hand. When will I learn...

Mark...

Go Back to forum