• Register
  • Help

Topic: can't find template

Share/Bookmark

can't find template

Hi,
    when I try to open the GPO in stand alone mode on my Powerbook G4 (Panther), the following error message appears-

Can't find template: Users/"username"/Desktop/templates/empty.gpo

It also gives this: ERROR - VST Directory does not exist!!!

Any thoughts? I've tried a clean reinstall and it's still the same.
    thanks!
    steve

Re: can't find template

Hi, (Dia is Muire dhuit)

I don't know if this will help you, as I can't open GPO in stand alone either (works just fine in Studio.) But did you load the VST when installing?

I use IBM compatible, but I'm sure your Mac must have a search files and folders function. The VST file is labled:

PersonalOrchestraVST.dll

and I have it copied in two places. One in Garritan Program Files, and one in Cubasis. Apparently the Stand Alone Player is not able to read the location of the VST file.

When I first installed GPO, I had not yet installed the included Cubasis, and it was after I moved it there (from Ableton Live Delta, a Lite version that came with my audio card) that I began having trouble with the Stand Alone. I posted another thread here that has not gotten a reply, and I've been experimenting with temporarily moving/deleting one or both of the .dll instances, and so far no luck.

Sorry, I know this is not an answer. Maybe someone will have an answer for the both of us. But I think it has to do with the presence and location of this .dll file, and having the routing set up so that the Player can find and read it.

Michael (Quasar)

Re: can't find template

Quote Originally Posted by stellarsound
    Hi,
    when I try to open the GPO in stand alone mode on my Powerbook G4 (Panther), the following error message appears-

Can't find template: Users/"username"/Desktop/templates/empty.gpo

It also gives this: ERROR - VST Directory does not exist!!!

Any thoughts? I've tried a clean reinstall and it's still the same.
    thanks!
    steve
    Hi sounds like you just copied the GPO Studio icon from the Disk image on your desktop and not its folders including the "template" one which contains empty.gpo and all others.
    As with all software you download in dmg form, its better to move all contents from the mounted directory to a folder of your own.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum