• Register
  • Help

Topic: Instrumentīs GPO is not containing...

Share/Bookmark

Instrumentīs GPO is not containing...

Hi,

I just got my GPO a few days back , and I managed to set everything up in the meanwhile. I mean, Iīm a total newbie, but FINALE is running well with GPO and Iīm learning every day.

Iīve one question: there are some instruments Iīm missing in GPO, like some percussion, maybe Saxophones and others (like Male/Female Voice, ...)

I know that this samples exists, but do I have to care for a certain format, especially as I would like to use them with Finale and the GPO Studio?

If so, which format do I need?

Thanks for any help and all best,
    - Alawill

Re: Instrumentīs GPO is not containing...

Alawill,

I'm not sure which percussion you mean (since GPO contains quite a lot) but GPO does not include saxophones or voices. There are future projects that will include these (and other things) but those will be different products and release dates have not been announced.

Tom

Dear Tom,

thanks for the reply. I know, that GPO does not contains saxophones. My question was more like if Iīm able to use other sequenced sounds from other producers (sorry Garry), within the GPO Studio software in combination with Finale...

If so, I would have a look for a male/female voice, maybe saxophones, and some percussion (like rototoms, chimes, tubular bells [hope the translations are right] and some special stuff) If not, I will (or have to) wait for a GPO "extension set"

All best,
    Harald

GPO does have tubular bells.

But that begs the question (and I haven't looked into this yet, so pardon if it's a stupid question). I've got both GPO and an extensive collection of sounds (mostly GigaStudio, some just in raw waves). If I convert them to Kontakt format how could they boogie with the GPO stuff? Do I have to upgrade to a full Kontakt version? If I do what GPO features are lost?

To use other samples with GPO you would need the full version of Kontakt. There is a nice upgrade path to the full version. With the current setup there is nothing different with the full version. You can actually access some of the programming with the full version if you want to monkey around with the samples. I do have the full version of Kontakt for other samples, but I still use the player for the regular GPO library because I get better performance.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but it's my understanding that GPO Studio only works with the GPO Player. It won't work using full Kontakt. Right?

JT

That is correct. The full version of Kontakt can either run standalone or as a VST in Cubase/Sonar/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    That is correct. The full version of Kontakt can either run standalone or as a VST in Cubase/Sonar/etc.
    Hey Joseph , when it's running stand alone do you get much more latency ?
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Is there a special upgrade price for GPO (or player) customers? How much? How do I get it?

I found it, on the NI order page. Had to figure out why it thought I was in Japan for a while before it would let me order it.

Go Back to forum