• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Spectrum

Share/Bookmark

Question for Spectrum

Eric, I have been trying to get info about a sample lib called Voices of Africa. I need to know the translations of the sung and spoken phrases, as a CD I'm going to be releasing soon will have worldwide distribution, and I don't want to either offend anyone or look like an idiot ("What a lovely bicycle you ate yesterday..."

I bought it from Time+Space, when I asked them for translations, they referred me to Spectrasonics. I emailed info@spectra for assistance, they forwarded it to Adam@specta but he deleted it without reading it.

Can you direct me to somewhere I can get this info? My distributor is nervous, and I'd like to know just what I'm saying...

Thanks.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Smile Re: Question for Spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    I emailed info@spectra for assistance, they forwarded it to Adam@specta but he deleted it without reading it.
    That is definitely a way to clear out your INBOX. Adam is in trouble now!

Re: Question for Spectrum

Well, to be fair, he may know that he can't help - but then, it would have been polite to say that...

I've emailed the original producer, Erwin Kieler (Should have seen that on the liner notes, but they'er a bit hard to read, with a fancy, thin handwriting-style font...)

Hopefully, between these two options, I can get some answers.
    Dasher
    -------

Have you thought of getting a native speaker in for the morning? He/she could translate it for you or even better yet, do the chants themselves!

Don't know what language - possibly Swahili, but probably not. Besides, it would be better to get the definitive answer from the source...

But thanks for the idea - if advance contract has enough $ in it, I'll consider it.
    Dasher
    -------

As you know Spectrum comes around here and kvr, but the quickest way to get his attention may be to join the Spectrasonics newsgroup at yahoo. He seems to keep up with stuff there seemingly daily (much to his credit).

Good luck to you with this and your new CD.

Good idea, Declan. Thanks.
    Dasher
    -------

Go Back to forum