• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: LastLibs Downloads Discontinued...

Share/Bookmark

LastLibs Downloads Discontinued...

I thought we could be mature and moral about this - guess not.

The Lastufka Libraries has cancelled the current download option for the Acoustic Bass Guitar and the download options for the upcoming LastLibs releases.

Future developments will be available as hard copies only. Sorry for the inconvience.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: LastLibs Downloads Discontinued...

Alan,

What happened?

Douglas

Too bad this didn't work out. I sure as hell hope no one around here was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    I thought we could be mature and moral about this - guess not.

The Lastufka Libraries has cancelled the current download option for the Acoustic Bass Guitar and the download options for the upcoming LastLibs releases.

Future developments will be available as hard copies only. Sorry for the inconvience.
    I can guess.....
    This is really the backside of things. As a developer, one wants to offer the best service possible for the customers and I think that Alan made an effort to do this that goes beyond what's common. Shame on the people who took advantage of his good will!
    Now we know that this doesn't work, I really, really hope that it didn't hurt your buisness to much!
    Remember that there are mostly honest persons out there but it's the sh*theads that gets noticed.....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

You know, [nss][nss][nss][nss]'s always going to happen, especially with something like this. It's to be expected. That doesn't mean anyone here had anything to do with the problem.

For the record...

Alan is not saying anything other than the fact that allowing downloads has hurt his sales. He is not pointing fingers or placing blame.

There is something to be said about piracy and how it hurts the smaller developer. Believe it or not ... it is a fact.
    We did our very best to offer convenience and security and it was the wrong decision... never again.

Alan is back in the saddle with a MASSIVE (not gonna download this one) library.
    Expect the unexpected!

All the best,
    FB -Bela D
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Sorry I was so blunt earier, but in the email I got from Alan he was pretty upset. It doesn't matter where the person came from or why they did it, it hurts a real person on the other end and that's all that matters to me. But, I am glad to see that he isn't losing hope and that this isn't deterring him from realizing his goals as a developer. I so look forward to the next libraries that Alan is cooking up since we seem to be on the same wavelength musically. Its a pity the experiment wasn't a success, but that's the way the world works though. But thanks for trying guys. I look forward to the next library and I can wait for it in the mail since in the end it'll be worth it.

That's too bad, Alan. It seemed like a good idea at first but I can completely understand wanting to protect your hard work from piracy.

There is not a developer here who has not been a victim of illegal doings. That's a fact.
    DIVA alone has been "ripped off" a few times. Lucky, and we believe it is do to the fact that our products are just too large to download...
    the ratio between "payment received" and "you son of ****" has not been alarming.

In the case of a small library that could be sent to a p2p server, the wrong doings is enough to make one ill.

Maybe, and this is just my thought, we should not jump at and ridicule the developer who tries watermarks and dongles.

We all need to feed our families, eh!

Lesson learned - the end!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

It hurts to see how fast people abused this innitiative. Too bad.
    ...here for some positive energy; we are family
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast