• Register
  • Help

Topic: NI support needs to improve

Share/Bookmark

NI support needs to improve

It worries me that a lot of sample developers are now relying on NI for the programs that drive their sample libraries. Why? Because in every case (please correct me if I am wrong) support is left up to NI. And as we all know their support is severly lacking.

I recently purchased the Kontakt 1.5 upgrade. However I can\'t register it at NI site. When I originally registered Kontakt I had a different email address. Since then I moved and hence have a new email address. Unfortunately your login used for registration is your email address and whatever I do I can\'t seem to change it to my current one.

I have emailed NI support and heard nothing.

What do I have to do to receive some support?

*frustrated*

Re: NI support needs to improve

I found that it takes about a week to hear back from NI support in Berlin. Don\'t bother evening trying to call NI support in the USA.

Re: NI support needs to improve

Originally posted by Tokyo Joe:
    It worries me that a lot of sample developers are now relying on NI for the programs that drive their sample libraries. Why? Because in every case (please correct me if I am wrong) support is left up to NI.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In my experience this isn`t quite correct. The Kompakt software,that comes with lots of the new E/W and Zero-g libs., is handled by NI ,but the sample content is handled by the developer. So,for ex., i had trouble reg. the new PMI Bosey plug so I called Soundsonline E/W and they provided me with a correct No. the same day! No Problems. I also had trouble reg. Reaktor 4 but i had to solve the problem through NI(since its really just there software). It took a couple days,but since theres a reg. grace period of about 5 day it was more a hassle than a problem. I agree this new C/P sceme can really be PITA. I`m a little scared to upgrade my CPU and MOBO cause i know its gonna be hell trying to get new NO.`s out of NI,and i cant afford to put my rig out of commission. I think NI working on a better way now so that you can custommize your reg.scheme. I might wait till then. Sorry you having probems reg. Keep trying politely,as they will get back to you. i think there swamped and understaffed IMO. Plus your problem may not be there usual,so there probably tring to figure it out. Best, [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] RIch

Go Back to forum