• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Object Based"

Share/Bookmark

"Object Based"

What does this mean?
    Styxx

Re: "Object Based"

Depends on what program you are using. In samplitude, it refers to the actual file loaded into the track whether midi or audio. In samplitude the midi track is considered one 'unit.' I'm not sure the intention of this, but this is how it appears in Version 6 at any rate. I'd have to dig into the manual to give you specifics as I haven't used it for midi yet since there's no VSTi support in 6.

Thumbs up Re: "Object Based"

Thanks, I thought so. I've asked Tom if VSTi support is in 7 and 8 and indeed it is. They are also working on some pretty cool innovations for midi as well. I've met some GPO GOS users on the their forum so far. Not may are users of midi like here but are interested the updates for GPO. I'm kind of sparking their interests!
    Styxx

Talking Re: "Object Based"

It's always nice to see the moderators getting along...

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    It's always nice to see the moderators getting along...
    Are you kidding! If it weren't for J.B. I would still be wondering how to do a tenth of all of this! The man is a God sent! Just check out his Overture tutorials and above all that, one of the greatest people I have the pleasure to know. Besides, he lives in the South where there are no huge piles of snow to shovel each day in winter!
    Styxx

And let me return the favor saying that Sal is an inspiration to me and is the whole reason I am still here. Thanks for the kind words.

I think I’m gunna puke . J/K

“Object Based” usually is a term that is used to describe a programming method or a user interface that lets the user assemble a program by placing “objects” in a kind of signal path or flow chart. Some times the “objects” are program subroutines (i.e. call the “split midi notes into separate channels” function), or in a virtual synth (i.e. insert an lfo or a filter here.). This is often called “object oriented programming”.

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Cool Brian. I've been in touch with Synthax people for a couple of weeks now and this new Samplitude V8 is promised to be midi user friendly. I guess that remains to be experienced though.

BTW - You may puke now.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum