I wrote about this in the sample libary board but am posting it here as well in hopes that someone has experienced the same thing.
I have a soundchaser system and use about 48 slots over 3 ports on the system. I rarely use port 4. The memory usage is around 60-90%. I use a lot of the larger size giga libraries. For no apparent reason I will begin losing output on one side of various sounds in giga. If I go into the DSP station and play a note on that sound - the meter only registers on one side. Panning settings are not the issue. The signal is just gone. If I replace the sound with another sound in the same slot or reload the same sound it changes nothing. The only way to regain the output is to restart giga. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to which slots or sounds are affected. Its different every time but the longer I work I will lose as many as four slots.
The only thing that has changed on my system recently is I loaded V o t A. This problem only occurs in setups when VotA is loaded in them. I have not been able to replicate this without VotA in the mix. My theory is that VotA places too high of demands on my system- even though my CPU usage and polyphony seem fine.