• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dissonance? Try this demo

Share/Bookmark

Dissonance? Try this demo

I noticed a couple of threads talking about dissonance and I thought I would add this one to the mix:

Dissonant Thriller/Suspense Cue

It's actually a cue I worked on last month for a film. Its dark and the guy hears something outside. He walks through the house checking windows. Three guesses on what happens to him at the end!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Frederick

Re: Dissonance? Try this demo

haha - thanks for kind words

But no - not jehovah's witnesses - two more guesses!

nah, it's a lunch sack in flames left behind by the jehovas witnesses for snubbing them. he slips trying to put it out and cracks his head wide open (right in front of a girlscout aproaching to sell cookies.... poor girl....)

what do I win?!!!!

it sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by chocothrax
    I like it. I'm guessing at the end he opens his front door to find jehova's witnesses standing there?
    Chocothrax, you don't know how appropriate I found that as I've been getting harrassed for like a month and a half now. I'm living in fear I tell you. Every Wednesday and Saturday I have to find things to do or be careful not to make too much noise in the house lest they hear me and knock louder.

Wow! Sounds great!! That ending is very impressive as well. Which libraries did you use BTW?

Well done,

Chris

Nice cue Frederick

Jehovah's can be entertaining.

Tell them with a mild and soothing tone that you've already devoted your life to Satan. I really did that once but I felt bad afterward cause I think it freaked them out.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Here's what happens:

The guy moves slowly through a darkened house and hears something outside. He checks window #1 and sees nothing. Then he moves through the house to window #2, still sees nothing but he's sure he heard something.

Window #3 he looks outside again, and then... (seriously lol) he gets chopped by a psychotic clown! (what his religious orientation is I have no clue..)

Thanks everyone for your kind words - gotta go, I think I hear some jehovah's witnesses at the door...

~Frederick

ps: All VSL 1st Edition with some Altiverb and EQ.

Fred,

This is delightful and charming....I believe that it would make a wonderful bedtime lullaby if it had some nice words to go with it.

Frank

PS Freddie, You don't happen to have very long finger nails do you?.....just wondering.....

Yea - well it didn't scare me Can someone turn on another light.

Seriously, good stuff. I think scary music works best as you have done it - economy of notes - let our pychies (sp?) fill in the rest.

Good stuff.

(I hate 'scary clowns')

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum