• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gpo Stand alone has quit working, AAAHHH!!!

Share/Bookmark

Gpo Stand alone has quit working, AAAHHH!!!

My GPO stand alone has quit working on me. It still works in cubase, and in GPO studio, But as a stand alone it quits with an error message every time I try to use it. Strange it opens and I can load an instrument but as soon as I hit a note, error message. Also if the instrument doesn't take up the whole keyboard I can walk up the notes until I get to a note that is part of that setting and bingo error message. Tried the reload thing and still the same. I am worried it might have something to do with the new hard drive install. It is in but not activated yet, the maxblast software doesn't work either, error message everytime I tried to start it. It has been uninstalled, but still no go with GPO. Help! for real this time

Re: Gpo Stand alone has quit working, AAAHHH!!!

uhm, it would be good to know WHICH error message you get

What sound card are you using? I had problems with my Delta 1010 and the stand alone player from GPO, but it was solved by updating the drivers.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

I don't think it is sound my module (yes a delta 1010) as I have been using GPO for a few weeks w/no problems at all. Here are the messages that I get when trying to run GPO stand alone:

"PersonalOrchestra.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"AppName: personalorchestra.exe AppVer: 1.0.2.8 ModName: personalorchestra.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.2.8 Offset: 000bec13"

And when I looked in Computer managment I saw this message:

"Faulting application personalorchestra.exe, version 1.0.2.8, faulting module personalorchestra.exe, version 1.0.2.8, fault address 0x000bec13."

One thing, I did install a program called Afro-Latin Slam, and it uses a specail version of an Intakt sampler to play its samples. It's a percussion groove sampler, maybe there is something going on there.

if my eyes get any bigger they are going to pop

Mrreno,

Are you on WinXP? If so, this is where I’d take advantage of the “Restore” function in the “Help and Support” menu of Windows. As an experiment I would restore the system to a point in time where the GPO standalone was working well. I always force a Restore point before making any system changes but a Restore point is automatically created each day unless you disable it (NOT a good idea). If retreating doesn’t fix your problem you can always return to “the present” by undoing the operation. If it does fix the problem then you will need to create a new Restore point and begin the task of installing any software that was added to the computer after the original Restore point. Check performance after each install so that you can spot any problems and identify which piece of software caused them.

Installing new hardware or software always brings with it the small possibility of creating Registry problems with previously installed software. I had a similar problem recently when I tried to install HALion 3. HALion worked just fine after the install but Kontakt began to crash every time I tried to send it MIDI data. Nothing I tried seemed to remedy the problem so I restored to a point just prior to the HALion install and everything was back to normal. HALion will be installed on another computer to avoid the problem (banished to another Kingdom!).

Tom

Now your really scaring me, I have Halion3 but have yet to install it because I haven't installed my new dvd driive. It is interesting that GPO and this Afro-Slam program are both using Native instrument players, hmmm. I think my system restore might not be on I will have to check on that, might be off from a tweaking guide I used a long time ago. By the way, yes windows XP pro.

Mrreno,

Mine may be an isolated experience with the HALion install. I've spoken to others who have installed HALion without problems in Kontakt or otherwise. You may not encounter any difficulties.

I've seen tweaking guides that recommend turning off System Restore. Extremely bad advice. The worst. That one feature has saved my hide repeatedly over the last year. Turn Restore back on if you have disabled it (although if it is disabled now it's too late to help you out of this jam). Always carefully weigh the consequences of following tweaking advice. In the case of this feature the price is way too high. Be sure and send a Christmas card this year to the author of the tweaking advice that now makes your life tougher than it had to be.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mrreno
    I don't think it is sound my module (yes a delta 1010) as I have been using GPO for a few weeks w/no problems at all. Here are the messages that I get when trying to run GPO stand alone:

"PersonalOrchestra.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"AppName: personalorchestra.exe AppVer: 1.0.2.8 ModName: personalorchestra.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.2.8 Offset: 000bec13"

And when I looked in Computer managment I saw this message:

"Faulting application personalorchestra.exe, version 1.0.2.8, faulting module personalorchestra.exe, version 1.0.2.8, fault address 0x000bec13."
    I get the exact same messages when opening in the stand-alone, and under exactly the same conditions. It's immediately after I press the first note. I tried un-reinstalling to no avail.

I've been avoiding the issue by opening through the studio, but my full-blown Kontakt is coming tomorrow, and I'm wondering if I really should try to fix the problem before installing THAT. Mrreno, you said you suspect something about Afro-Latin Slam, I suspect something about an Ableton Live lite program that came with my OmniStudio card, as it was only after I moved the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll from there that the stand-alone problem began.

I'd really like to figure out what's going on with this, too.

Michael

Yes it seemed that after installing Afrolatin Slam this started happening. I can't try any new ideas for a fix right now as my Puter is in the shop. Getting two (2) 200gb SATA hard drives installed. With my existing drives that will be about 610GB of storage Quasar, I have not manually moved any .dll files, but what you said has me wondering if something got moved during the Afrolatin Slam install. Any software rocket scientists ouyt there?

Go Back to forum