• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hope for the Hopeless?

Share/Bookmark

Hope for the Hopeless?

I just talked with Tascam Sales 10:35 MDT USA (they actually called back) They are supposed to get the shipment of DVD's in about 2 hours and then start shipping them out by the end of day tomorrow.

Am i the new "Synthetic"?

God help me.

giga...

Re: Hope for the Hopeless?

[QUOTE=gigagagga]I just talked with Tascam Sales 10:35 MDT USA (they actually called back) They are supposed to get...........QUOTE]

Sounds promising, but how much better it would have been if they said, "We HAVE the DVD's and will ship them out in the next few hours."

...they still don't have them though........

I've got it...

You fellas need a couple of web cams in "True TASCAM-O-RAMA(tm)". That way you can get up-to-the-second doin's at TASCAM HQ, right down to delivery guy showing up with the shrink-wrapped palettes...

If it works for naughty college coeds, surely it could work for the music technology industry, no?

No I've got it....

A new reality show about the release of GS3...
    "AMERICAN IDLE"

Starring Bruce Richardson...

Open : a closeup of the first recipient's closed front door;
    From delivery guys' perspective: We see him approaching the door, a hand-
    held camera over his shoulder, slightly uneven gait;
    Hand outstreched to ring the doorbell, rings bell;
    Delivery guy whistling an unknown tune;
    Still waiting....
    Several minutes pass, no one appears to be home;
    Bruce (The Delivery guy) takes out his trumpet and wails away for several minutes;
    Finally the door opens and it's....

to be continued........please

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    I am also still unsure of what to do about finding some 8 x 8 GSIF2 MIDI interfaces, since no company seems have announced that they'll support the GSIF2 spec
    The forthcoming Echo Layla and Mia "3G" products appear to support the GSIF2 midi spec:

Low-latency drivers support all major pro audio software:
    - Low Latency ASIO 2.0
    - GSIF 2.0 (Gigastudio 3 w/ low latency MIDI)
    - WDM kernel streaming mode
    - CoreAudio & CoreMIDI
    http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/PCI/Layla3G/index.php

Hey Slinky - that is pretty funny (humor is good as we will get GS3 soon).

One thing to add:

When the guy opens the door, Bruce continues to play (perhaps a real high note. Off camera there is a powerful fan blowing this guys rather long curly hair straight up (from Bruce's outstanding play) - think "Tommy Boy" or that dude on "Seinfeld")

I am dead serious, someone at Tascam ought to do a DV cam production (very low budget) of this just to loosen us all up

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Unfortunately, it's not an 8x8 MIDI interface.

Lee Blaske
    If your current 8x8 has good GSIF-1 drivers, you will not lose any functionality.

It's not that, Bruce. I'm currently using the two computers I recently built with the two ports onboard the RME HDSP 9652 cards. I want to get an 8x8 interface for each of them, but I'd like to make a wise purchasing decision and buy interfaces that will be GSIF2 compatible. To my knowledge, no company building 8x8 USB or serial interfaces has announced that they would be supporting the new spec. If nobody is going to support GSIF2 in stand-alone MIDI interfaces, I can certainly live with GSIF1. If it is possible to take advantage of the kernel level MIDI, however, I'd like to do it.

Lee Blaske
    I think that's wise. Have you considered MIDIoverLAN to complement the hardware ports? That's what I have used, and it's not at all bad. I can certainly understand wanting the hardware, though. I like having the hardware myself. Comforting, in times of stress and mayhem, to be able to plug a physical thing in. Wait, that sounds a little nasty...

I'm using Echo cards for audio. Midi is an 8x8 Unitor 8mkII. I use MOL for other box. It works great!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Once the initial upgrade rush dies down a bit, I'd suggest calling or writing Pete Snell at Tascam. He'd probably be the evangelist for GSIF-2 adoption, and could either point you the right direction or help you double-team the company of choice.

Go Back to forum