• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What about the GS3 upgrade for non-US resident?

Share/Bookmark

What about the GS3 upgrade for non-US resident?

I want to upgrade my GS160 to GS 3.0 but Tascam site do not support the upgrade for non-US resident !!! What can I do?

Thumbs down Re: What about the GS3 upgrade for non-US resident?

Yeah, I knowhow you feel.
    I tried the crossgrade page and found that they are only set up for the U.S. and Canada.

Looks as though we'll have to invest in a 'phone call ....

Re: What about the GS3 upgrade for non-US resident?

In the newsletter from Bestservice (Germany) I was informed that Bestservice has become the official Gigastudio servicepartner and that upgrades could be ordered through Bestservice.

They also have a special offer valid for one month: people ordering their upgrade at Bestservice will get 20% discount on ALL gigalibraries up to an amount of 1000 Euro. Great gesture, I hope they will do that more often.

andyt

Just called around the European distributors again. Hmmmm.

Best Service --- do not ship to UK.
    Thomann ---- still do not have upgarde pricing, but try calling again in the middle of September.
    Etcetera (UK) ---- still havn't finalised prices yet and aware their prices are on the high side. Upgrade from 32 to Orchestra still $772 (no that is not a typo, $772)

Best option seems to be to get upgrade from US vendor mtlc.com ... who will do GS32 to Orchestra for only $329 ... and who will presumably ship next week too.

Does anyone know if MTLC are one of the bigger US dealers ?

Quote Originally Posted by andyt

Best option seems to be to get upgrade from US vendor ...
    You can try audiomidi.com
    http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...m?pid=5675#%23

Elith

andyt

Okay, I kinda lost patience with the European distribution fiasco.
    So I just ordered from mtlc.com in the states .... which with their discounts will be cheaper than getting it from Europe anyway (including air fare and import duty). (Thanks for the link Jose, but went with MTLC)

Okay. Gotta get a life now.

Please keep us informed on the delivery etc. Very curious if this is really a good alternative route for European updaters.

How did you have to proof your ownership of GSt 2.x?

Thanks,

What upgrade? I'm getting the $50 upgrade but I cant see anything about that on the MTLC site.. is that waht you got to? When will they ship it?

andyt

Hi Peter,

This is the upgrade I went for http://www.mtlc.net/main.php?a=Produ...tem=1552&b=All. It is a good deal for me since I only have GS32.

Hmmm good question about proof of previous ownership. They didn't ask for my existing key. (I'm a 732R).

They hadn't recieved their copies yet, but said they were expecting them from the batches sent out by Tascam on Monday. They said they had a huge stack of orders, but that mine would still be processed in the first batch. Their dispatching manager was dedicated to turning them around as soon as they arrived.

They charged $34 for express DHL to europe, with tracking. If DHL have similar arrangemets to FedEx, they will process import duties on my behalf, and bill me at a later date (this is what happened when I ordered VSL Solo Strings from TrueSpec at a recent sale).
    I'll let you know how I get on.

andyt

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    What upgrade? I'm getting the $50 upgrade but I cant see anything about that on the MTLC site.. is that waht you got to? When will they ship it?
    I am sure I have seen the $50 upgrade deal somewhere on their site, but can't find it right now. Give 'em a call.

Go Back to forum