• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Anyone in Canada upgraded?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone in Canada upgraded?

When I try to upgrade on the website it says "credit card denied" because of the zip code (Canada has a 6 digit zip). Have any of you fellow Canucks managed to upgrade (from the website) yet?

Re: Anyone in Canada upgraded?

I'm in Montreal and I upgraded by phone. It took a few days until I actually reached a human voice but no problem. Just make sure that you
    are in fact registered in order to get the discount.
    By the way, this was at the beginning of August and they still have not put
    the charge on my credit card. I am assuming that is because they don't do it untill they actually ship.

I tried to upgrade via the web page and had the same problem. Credit Card Denied. We don't have zip codes up here!

Not sure what to do...but I suppose they will either fix this...or we'll need to contact tascam directly.

I spoke to Teac/Tascam Canada yesterday (yes, we have an office). They still haven't sorted out the 'authorization' and 'prices' yet - you'd think they would have been ready before the end of July! They did say that we will need to upgrade through them and not the U.S.

Their number is: 905-890-8008 ext 106

Fellow Canucks:

I was, say the least, disturbed by this comment that we canadians have to UPGRADE THROUGH CANADIAN TASCAM.
    NO. I called them and was given permission to state on this forum that if you have purchased your original GS 96 or 160 or whatever from TASCAM US, your upgrade should proceed from them, NOT through the Canadian office.
    If you have not done so, and if you got your GS from the US, either get on the web-page of Tascam and upgrade from there, or, go through the phone to Tascam Sales. Because they most be busy today, you may have problems to get to them through the phone, so use the web. You should keep in mind that if you purchased your GS before January1/04, your upgrade is more than if you have done so after Jan.1/04.
    I hope this helps.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by mts
    I spoke to Teac/Tascam Canada yesterday. They did say that we will need to upgrade through them and not the U.S.

Their number is: 905-890-8008 ext 106
    Thanks. That's helpful. I'll give them a call.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

This is interesting. I bet a lot of Euro's have originally purchased directly from the States

I still have the feeling that it is better to wait for the upcoming public beta test and order my update in December (or am I too optimistic?)

Success to you all!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    I still have the feeling that it is better to wait for the upcoming public beta test and order my update in December (or am I too optimistic?)
    I can assure you that I and many other very determined people tested this software for a long time. While there are obviously always bugs which do not and cannot appear until the myriad of hardware combinations lines up to produce them, this is an extremely well tested piece of software. I used the final RC and gold versions in production for well over a month and had great success. Hans Zimmer was running 3.0 exclusively at Media Ventures--a month before I was brave enough to do it.

Your mileage may, of course, vary. But we worked extremely hard, to help put the best possible product in your hand.

Hi Bruce,

I was actually not trying to be cynical, I was just teasing all the fanatic upgraders

I am actually expecting a very innovative and solid new app.

I just couldn't resist some poking at our fellow NS members who think they can't work anymore with Giga 2.54.

Regards

I was, say the least, disturbed by this comment that we canadians have to UPGRADE THROUGH CANADIAN TASCAM.
    NO. I called them and was given permission to state on this forum that if you have purchased your original GS 96 or 160 or whatever from TASCAM US, your upgrade should proceed from them, NOT through the Canadian office.
    Hmmn. I bought it from a dealer (Pongetti's in Hamiton) so I wonder where that leaves me?
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum