• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Upgrade Problems

Share/Bookmark

Upgrade Problems

If you're getting the error message saying your CD Key is not eligible, and your CD Key doesn't start with a 712P, email your last name to jlaity@tascam.com and we'll try to fix this problem. Thanks.

Re: Upgrade Problems

What about the incorrect sales tax?

I also called the sales department, and I got a message saying that the mailbox was full.

I think you’d want to get this straightened now, rather than issuing thousands of credits. Collecting tax on anything other than the final sales price is illegal, and will get you deep do-do.

Please, only email if you're seeing an error message that says you have a promotional copy and your CD Key doesn't start with 712P. If you're having other registration problems, I can't help with that. You need to contact the Sales department for those.

Bill, email the address above with your tax question. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The last day of the month is always tough in the Sales department. Please be patient with the full mailbox. If you're not in a hurry, tomorrow will be a much easier time to get in touch with them.

> I'm not sure what you're talking about

??? You haven't read the other posts about Sales tax being incorrectly assessed on the web order form?

A $249 order produces a $32.05 Sales tax.... NOT

Synthetic -- don't want to take you from your box stuffing duties, but I concur with Bill that there is some kind of bug with the Tax calculation on the upgrade page. I would have slapped down my $50 yesterday, but it requested $49.45 in taxes on a $50 purchase. This tax amount wouldn't even correlate to the full purchase amount of $599 in my state -- if that is Tascam's policy (which wouldn't make too much sense, seeing as I have already complied with all tax requirements when I paid retail for GS 2.5.)

Just chiming in to help clarify this specific issue.

Regards,

David

OK, I've let the web guys know about the tax problem. They're working on it.

They've also fixed a bug in the CD Key checking algorithm that was causing some keys to show up as "promotional versions not eligible for upgrades." You might want to try again. At least two of you who emailed were not registered in our database. You need to have registered your copy of GigaStudio 2.5 to qualify for the upgrade pricing.

Tax bug is fixed. It was calculating the tax based on full price.

Go Back to forum