• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIGASTUDIO Conexant Endless Wave Error Message

Share/Bookmark

GIGASTUDIO Conexant Endless Wave Error Message

Guys

This is the second message I post, Sometimes and randomly Gigastudio send this message or maybe XP, I think is the msg32 from XP. I reboot and it works again.

Any ideas ?

Re: GIGASTUDIO Conexant Endless Wave Error Message

I had the same problem with Giga 2.5 under XP pro, but since i\'ve changed motherboard the problem has disapeared, at least for now.
    I had Asus Tusl-2 C with intel chipset and now have an ECS board with SIS chipset with matching system buss of 133 mhz all across.

peace

Yves

Guys, I found a post from Allen a while ago.
    It showed 2 ways to completely remove giga from my system.
    I had updated from 98se to XP pro, and even though I followed the suggested deinstall of giga, there were a few files still hanging around.
    Soory I wish I had the post, but it had one that showed how to do it if you upgraded too. Now all my problems are gone.
    Totally.
    Sorry to make it worse to find, it may also be at the Tascam one
    Bri

[This message has been edited by seclusion (edited 04-13-2002).]

Here it is.
    Follow it exactly!!!
    First off I would start with a clean install...

Clean Uninstall And Reinstall Of GigaStudio On Windows 2K And XP

1. Browse to Program Files>NemeSys>GigaStudio and save prf. (performance) files for backup. Also back up any .gig (Giga instrument) files in this directory to another location.

2. Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and un-install GigaStudio.

3. Re-Start your computer.

4. Once the system re-boots, delete all shortcuts for GigaStudio.

5. Go to My Computer>Program Files> and delete the NemeSys folder. Empty the Recycle Bin.

6. Re-Start your computer.

7. Go to Start>Run> type \"regedit\" and press enter. Next, go to HK_CURRENT_USER>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. Delete the NemeSys folder as well.

8. In the Registry, go to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. Delete the NemeSys folder as well.

9. Go to Start>Find>Files or Folders> Do a find on all the following files and delete them as well:

ewctl32.dll
    wstrm32.dll
    msg32.exe
    gmidi.dll
    ew.sys
    filespy.sys
    nstation.sys
    nmshwdll.dll
    nif.dll

10. If you previously ran GigaStudio on win95, win98, win98SE, or winME and then upgraded this system to winXP or win2000, Go to Start>Find>Files or Folders> Do a find on all the following files and delete them as well:

msgloop.exe
    msg32.exe
    vrtkrnld.vxd
    ewctl32.dll
    wstrm32.dll
    wstream.dll
    wsthk16.dll
    wsthk32.dll
    vwstream.vxd

11. Re-Start your computer.

12. After your system reboots, install GigaStudio. (Make sure to be thorough and exact with the info you enter during this process. This will matter in future registration and support aspects.) During this process you will be asked to insert your GigaPiano Disc.

13. Re-Start your computer, when prompted to do so.

14. Launch GigaStudio and run the Quick Sound database. This feature will establish the initial database that GigaStudio uses to locate instruments on your system.

15. Register GigaStudio (GigaPiano disc needed) Make sure the information you enter during this process is identical to the info contained in the registration text file generated upon install. This file can be found in your Program Files>NemeSys>GigaStudio folder. Upon submitting your registration info you will receive a \"Registration Key\" that will allow you to complete the process.
    This fixed all of my weirdness I had.
    Though I wasn\'t crashing.
    Bri

[This message has been edited by seclusion (edited 04-13-2002).]

Hey seclusion...great post !!!
    thanks a lot!

I think this should be very helpful for everyone !!

peace

Yves

Don\'t thatnk me.
    Thank Allen from the Tascam site.
    I just copied it.
    Bri

Go Back to forum