• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please explain what a promotional copy is

Share/Bookmark

Please explain what a promotional copy is

Im a long time giga user.
    I upgraded from gigasampler[paid $700,it retailed for $799] ,then upgraded to Gigastudio for $149.
    Because I upgraded from gigasampler to gigastudio do I have a promotional copy.
    My number is 712R also

Re: Please explain what a promotional copy is

No. According to Synthetic's earlier post, a promotional copy of Gigastudio 2 would start with 712P (P as in promotional).

Given there appear to be a number of registered owners who are getting put into the "competitive upgrade" screens, there must be some problem with their registration data.

If you purchased your GS 2 copy in the US, I would suggest you call Tascam sales directly. The number is listed on other posts, or at the Gigastudio website under "contact info".

Finally, as Synthetic mentioned in another post, if you are outside of the US, and did not purchase your original copy in the US, then your upgrade will be done by YOUR Tascam Country Distributor, not Tascam US.

P.S. - There are promotional or "NFR" (Not For Resale) Gigastudio 2 copies out there, but their product keys start with 712P.

Re: Please explain what a promotional copy is

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    No. According to Synthetic's earlier post, a promotional copy of Gigastudio 2 would start with 712P (P as in promotional).
    Indeed, I just upgraded on the Tascam site with a 712R CD key with no problems (now that they've fixed the tax calculation bug.)

David

Go Back to forum