• Register
  • Help

Topic: Update fro PMI Bos290 Plug-In

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Update fro PMI Bos290 Plug-In

We have a new update available for all PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In users.

All known issues below have been resolved in the latest Bosendorfer 290 update. You can find the update on our website:

Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In update 1.7

Here is a list of bug fixes and new multi’s:

Programs fixed:
    - B290 Dry 16 Layers: The erratic velocity triggering/behaviour in the F#6 and higher region was fixed.
    - Dry and Wet Mod and Dry and WET: F7-C8 region fixed volume.
    - All 3 B290 Dry xxx Delay files in the DELAY folder were fixed. A low B2 was out of tune.
    - 2 B290 Dry Perc files in the FILTERS folder werefixed. (B2 was out of tune).
    - Bos290 WET REV1 was fixed; notes were cutting off in the high register.

2 new multis.*programming concept by Xavier Bidault.
    =============

Nr 1: B290 Real Strg+ sus+Rel+DynLP XB
    A multi that adds "real string behaviour"* with real-time pedal down, dynamic LP and release samples.

Nr 2: B290 Real Strg+Wetsus+Rel+DynLP XB
    A variation with more release sound on key-off.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: Update fro PMI Bos290 Plug-In

Great, thanks

Yea, Thanks Michiel! U keep improving it..Its appreciated ..Rich

Thanks for making Xavier's patches available to us plug-in users!

Hi Michiel,

I had time to test the patches of this updates, with kontakt for the moment.
    It appears there are 2 "multis" directory. One in "Bosendorfer 290 Library", and one in "Bosendorfer 290 Library/Instruments" directory.

All nkm based on my patches in "Bosendorfer 290 Library" have an important error, as the real string behaviour is no more correctly set (B290 Real Strg+ sus+Rel+DynLP XB.nkm , B290 Real Strg+Wetsus+Rel+DynLP XB.nkm).
    Just have a look in "structure/voice groups" of each nki... all fades are set to 10... although each key has an individual fade...

On the other hand, all patches in "Instruments/Multis" directory are ok, appart the fact it needs to search samples location.

Best,
    Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    Hi Michiel,

It appears there are 2 "multis" directory. One in "Bosendorfer 290 Library", and one in "Bosendorfer 290 Library/Instruments" directory.

All nkm based on my patches in "Bosendorfer 290 Library" have an important error, as the real string behaviour is no more correctly set (B290 Real Strg+ sus+Rel+DynLP XB.nkm , B290 Real Strg+Wetsus+Rel+DynLP XB.nkm).
    Just have a look in "structure/voice groups" of each nki... all fades are set to 10... although each key has an individual fade...

On the other hand, all patches in "Instruments/Multis" directory are ok, appart the fact it needs to search samples location.

Best,
    Xavier

I can't even figure out where you patches are after installing the update. I don't see them.

John

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    Hi Michiel,
    These patches are for the Plug-In.
    The patches for Kontakt Bos290 are here:
    The real B290 and Bos290 Kontakt.

You see, Kontakt is not the same as KOMPAKT.

For the plug-in all mutli's have to be in a folder labelled "Multis" on the same level as the folder "Instruments". This way the plug-in knows there are multi's! The plug-in will not find any multi's insode the Instruments folder.
    Kontakt can load the Multi's from any location on your hard drive, so for example inside the Instruments folder...

And the engine is different. Kontakt handles the fades for groups different than KOMPAKT. This is an issue that is passed to NI for further development.

I know this is a little confusing but you should be able to see the new presets in the plug-in if you follow the included installation notes. I copied them for your convenience.

EAST WEST PMI BÖsENDORFER290 Update 7 NOTES.
    ============================================
    Download the B290PlugInVs7.zip file
    The unzipped folder contains two folders: Instruments and Multis.
    You need to copy these folders into the Instruments folder located in the Bosendorfer 290 library folder.

YOURDRIVE:\East West\Boesendorfer 290\Boesendorfer 290 Library\

You will get a message asking if you want to replace the existing files, click OK.
    note that this will overwrite any changes that you may have made to these programs, so you are advised to make a back-up of your own program variations.

This update installs 2 new multi's* and has several bug fixes.

Programs fixed:
    - B290 Dry 16 Layers: The erratic velocity triggering/behaviour in the F#6 and higher region was fixed.
    - Dry and Wet Mod and Dry and WET: F7-C8 region fixed volume.
    - All 3 B290 Dry xxx Delay files in the DELAY folder were fixed. A low B2 was out of tune.
    - 2 B290 Dry Perc files in the FILTERS folder werefixed. (B2 was out of tune).
    - Bos290 WET REV1 was fixed; notes were cutting off in the high register.

2 new multis.
    =============
    Nr 1: B290 Real Strg+ sus+Rel+DynLP XB
    A multi that adds "real string behaviour"* with real-time pedal down, dynamic LP and release samples.

Nr 2: B290 Real Strg+Wetsus+Rel+DynLP XB
    A variation with more release sound on key-off.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum