• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dealing w/ Duplicate Patch #'s in GS Perf

Share/Bookmark

Dealing w/ Duplicate Patch #\'s in GS Perf

Dear People Much More Knowlegable Than I,

I have asembled a fairly large performance (50+patches) and I noticed that some of the patches in the perf have the same #. Because of that, I cannot call up some of the patches from my sequencer. Is there a way to fix this (and why did this happen)

Re: Dealing w/ Duplicate Patch #\'s in GS Perf

try sending a bank number as well

What version of GS are you using? That was a bug that I believe is fixed now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by composer22:
    try sending a bank number as well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

comp 22,

All the patches (as listed in the Loaded Instruments page) have the same bank # : 0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    What version of GS are you using? That was a bug that I believe is fixed now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bill,

I created the perf in GS 2.2. I have since installed the 2.5 update. The patch # prob still exists when I load the perf into 2.5. Are you saying Might I have to recreate the perf from scratch in 2.5?

Steve

I would imagine so. After all, the old perfs already have the duplicate numbers in them.

Can one make a \"patch file\" for ones software sequencer for Gigs ? I\'m using GS96 and I did not use Gigasampler before it. But I\'ve been of the assumption that while GigaStudio saves performances within GigaStudio, you cant really call these up with a click from within your sequencer. First I open my sequencer (PowerTracks) configured within GS, then I load a performance in GS, then I go back and type in those instruments and channels in my sequencer. (Actually Ive also made a few empty midi files with my favorite performance instruments and channels within PowerTracks so I can just load these right up.)

But is there a way to just click on a few instruments in a patch file of some kind in your sequencer and have the correct instruments just LOAD up to channels back in GigaStudio from this action in your sequencer the way a synth responds to a patch file ? How does one make such a patch file ? Or is there no such function.

Thanks, LifeForce

Go Back to forum