The GS3 box includes a single piece of paper with "Tascam GigaStudio 3.00 Known Issues".
Tascam US will be posting this to their website soon, but it appears they are all helping out the packaging and shipping group get orders out the door.
When I talked to the Tech Support person, he mentioned this is a laundry list of EVERY ISSUE that ANY tester ever had.
Here are a most of the issues:
GS3 Application Issues (issues of functionality inside the application)
- GS2 and GS3 can't be installed on the same machine (i.e. uninstall GS2 before installing GS3)
- there are number of minor ones that I don't want to type in
- Hyperthreading is not supported at this time and should be disabled in your computer's BIOS
- Dual processor machines are not supported at this time
- 64-bit processors are not supported at this time
- Testing has revealed an incompatibility between GS3 and the SanDisk USB Smart Media Drive. This drive should not be connected
- Testing has revealed POSSIBLE incompatibilities between GS3 and TC PowerCore. This device should not be connected to your GS3 computer.
Third-Party Software Compatibility
- Known incompatible VST plugins:
- Steinberg Tools One
- Yamaha Vocal Rack
- NI Absynth -- make sure it is not in the GS3 VST search path
- GS3 does not support VST Instruments [GS3 supports VST Plugins but not VST Instruments]
- Steinberg's Clean 5 cannot be installed on the same computer
- Do not RUN Microsoft Outlook on the same computer as GigaStudio 3
My additional comments about the MS Outlook problem:
I talked to the Tech Support rep about this one, since it affects me. He said that MS Outlook and GS3 CAN BE INSTALLED on the same computer, but you shouldn't run them at the same time. He can not recreate this problem, but at least one beta tester had a problem running both. He suggested "restarting" the computer if I want to switch between GS3 and Microsoft Outlook. --A minor inconvience in my opinion.