• Register
  • Help

Topic: upgrade from retailer?

upgrade from retailer?

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to buy an upgrade from a retailer? Or do I have to get it from TASCAM?

New York City

Re: upgrade from retailer?

When I spoke with Thomas at Tascam I was told that everyone must purchase the upgrade directly from Tascam..

Lightbulb Re: upgrade from retailer?

You can buy a competitive upgrade from a dealer. If you want to upgrade from GS160 > GS3, it's cheaper to do it thorugh our website. But if you're in a hurry and your dealer has the competitive upgrade/educational version, you can buy that one and get your CD Key. It's just more expensive.

This is a little confusing, so I'll try to explain it better. There are three versions of GigaStudio 3 Orchestra:

Full Version: costs $599, includes CD Key in box
    Upgrade Version: costs $50-249 when upgrading from GS160 (depending when you bought it), you get email with your CD Key
    Competitive Upgrade/Educational Version: Costs $429, you fill out your coupon info on the website and get a CD Key in your email.

Once you have a CD Key, all three versions are the same. You fill in your registration info on the Giga website and then get your registration code in your email to unlock the product.

i am upgrading from 96 to orchestra so my price through tascam would be $350. can i get a competitive upgrade? is giga 2.5 considered competition for giga 3.0? might be around the same price either way.

Thanks for that clarification synthetic.

Can you spend a brief moment describing the portability of the program between computers; such as between two desktops, at two locations, which would only be used one-at-a-time. Or, between a desktop and a laptop, which again would only be used one-at-a-time.

Upgrading from GS96> GS3O costs about the same whether you buy it though us or do the competitive upgrade through a dealer. So do whichever one is better for you. A GS2.5 CD Key will work as a competitive upgrade.

Go Back to forum