• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 questions -- Outlook bug, and Opus 1 ?

Share/Bookmark

GS3 questions -- Outlook bug, and Opus 1 ?

Wow, exciting news! I gotta get some cash together for this...

A couple questions. #1, I hear that there's a known issue, some kind of bug if you run Outlook while running GS3. Is this true? If so, what's the problem exactly? And is this something they plan on fixing soon? It's not a HUGE issue, but I do like to have my mail open in case I get email.

And #2, how does GS3 behave with Opus 1? And other libraries? No issues? I assume they did plenty of retroactive testing.

Wink Re: GS3 questions -- Outlook bug, and Opus 1 ?

I certainly hope there's a bug.
    Kinda like the phone ringing while you're recording, no?
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Re: GS3 questions -- Outlook bug, and Opus 1 ?

Yes, the is an issue with GS3 and MS Outlook RUNNING on the same machine.

As you can read in my earlier post, the US Tascam Tech Support person stated that at least one person in the beta test group did have a problem with these running at the same time.

The "workaround", if you even DO get this problem (some don't) is to restart your computer.

Since I only have one computer, I was initially concerned by the text in the Known Issues document.

Regarding Opus, I am sure it will work fine. VSL obviously was using GS3 when they developed the "Vienna Giga Symphony" content for GS3, since this content includes some 16 and 24 bit instruments. I am sure VSL would have tested all of their GIGA samples with the new GS3 engine.

How exactly do GS3.0 and Outlook relate such that they should affect each other? That makes no sense (and I've been programming Windows for many years).

Quote Originally Posted by pnm655
    How exactly do GS3.0 and Outlook relate such that they should affect each other? That makes no sense (and I've been programming Windows for many years).
    I have no idea. The "Known Issues" document simply states that one should not run them together.

I haven't had a chance to see if I can "break" GS3 with Outlook since I am still trying to get GS3 through my VST Folder (it crashes when it encounters a VST it can't handle then "ignores it" from that point onward).

Quote Originally Posted by DanS
    I certainly hope there's a bug.
    Kinda like the phone ringing while you're recording, no?
    Pass this response through GigaPulse and let it reeverrberrraaaaaaaate for him to hearrrrrrrrrrrrr ....

Note that it's probably the real full-up outlook (which is more than a mail program) and not Outlook Express (that mail thing that comes with Internet Explorer). Outlook Express is pretty dirt simple and I can't see how it would affect anything even if it was running. Real Outlook is a pain in the butt and that I could understand.

FYI. I have GS3 up and running and have opened Outlook Express many times without any ill effect. Nothing like reading emails while you work.

Go Back to forum