• Register
  • Help

Topic: Playing one note triggers unwanted random notes!

Share/Bookmark

Playing one note triggers unwanted random notes!

Hi all!

I\'m experimenting the weirdest and most frustrating problem: random notes firing
    with almost any note I play. This happens with any instrument loaded. Soundcard is a soundblaster Live. I tried de-activating the \"accelerator\" feature of the card but it doesn\'t seem to help... any idea, anyone?

Thanks

Re: Playing one note triggers unwanted random notes!

this is a bit of a long shot, but are there any \"stuck notes\" on in your system? Sometimes an invisible note is hanging, frequently from another inst in the system, and it (or they if there are more) can randomly show up with similar symptoms to yours.
    hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bmiller:
    this is a bit of a long shot, but are there any \"stuck notes\" on in your system? Sometimes an invisible note is hanging, frequently from another inst in the system, and it (or they if there are more) can randomly show up with similar symptoms to yours.
    hope this helps.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    My situation is in my sequencer with a particular inst, all notess at 001 tick in duration do what you\'re describing..randomly!

I was having that problem in Windows XP with playing one note and having it jump to random other notes and back. What I realized was the I was using an early build of version 2.50 When I upgraded to 2.51, it fixed the problem.

I had this issue in a machine with slow processor (333) and low RAM (64MB) add 256M and problem went away.

Dasher

Go Back to forum