• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Sonar 4 Announced

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 4 Announced

Cakewalk has announced that Sonar 4 will be shipping at the end of the month.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Press/09-01-04-SONAR4.asp

It has a lot of great new features. I for one plan to upgrade...though I'll probably whine and complain about having to do so so soon after buying Sonar 3....but oh well.
    Tim

hv

Re: Sonar 4 Announced

They're so boring. Solicited new feature requests a few months ago in their forum. Then called for beta testers about a month later. Then nothing for another month till they announce preorders and a ship date today. Is that any way to run a software company?

Howard

It's good to see that they're finally catching up to Cubase SX2 just in time for SX3 to leave it in the dust again.

taps microphone --- "Hello, is this thing on? Bruce, are you there?"

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    It's good to see that they're finally catching up to Cubase SX2 just in time for SX3 to leave it in the dust again.
    HA, basically.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by hv
    They're so boring. Solicited new feature requests a few months ago in their forum. Then called for beta testers about a month later. Then nothing for another month till they announce preorders and a ship date today. Is that any way to run a software company?

Howard
    HEHE YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I hope that it still has my favorite feature: No BS CP scheme like the rest. Now while Houston waits for Bruce to come down and bang him over the head with a cyber bun, let me duck out of here before Houston clubs me.

I ordered mine as soon as I got the e-mail. Giga 3, Sonar 4, Glad I saved up!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

People complained about GigaStudio not having updates in 3 years.

I want to complain about Finale and Sonar for just the opposite reason:
    - every year I have to spend about $100 to upgrade Finale
    - every year I have to spend about $180 to upgrade Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    People complained about GigaStudio not having updates in 3 years.

I want to complain about Finale and Sonar for just the opposite reason:
    - every year I have to spend about $100 to upgrade Finale
    At least you get something with Sonar. I have been stupid enough to upgrade Sound Forge every year... Hardly ever any new features but loads of new bugs.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    HA, basically.
    Its always that way..i think the native FX and routing are still better in Sonar than Cubase though. i just got Samplitude 7 (8 is coming out next week in North America) and it blows SX out of the water for audio editing . U can actually see were Steinberg got alot of there audio ideas from. Samplitude 8 has got a built in Melodyne type feature, a Convolution reverb and the ability to burn CD and DVD`s right from your project window!! So why is no one taking about it?? ..Bad marketing..but probably the best kept secret in the DAW market.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    The email I got said $249 for the upgrade to Sonar 4 PE. I must say, definitely one of the more pricey upgrades!

The press release says $179 to upgrade Producer versions from 3 to 4:

"SONAR 4 Producer Edition has a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $959 U.S.; SONAR 4 Studio Edition is $479 U.S. (MSRP). SONAR 4 will ship September 28, 2004. Registered SONAR 3 Producer customers can upgrade to SONAR 4 Producer Edition directly through Cakewalk for $179; SONAR 3 Studio to SONAR 4 Studio Edition for $99. For more information, visit Cakewalk on the web at www.cakewalk.com; or call 617-423-9004."

-- David

Go Back to forum