• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO& DP4 to make Mp3?

Share/Bookmark

GPO& DP4 to make Mp3?

Hi,

I'm using GPO, and I have a problem with Dp4. I wish I could make an audio file of my music, to convert it into an mp3 file.
    I tried to do as the tutorial tell me to do, but I can't open any file in Itunes?
    How can I do this?
    thanks a lot.
    Laurent

Re: GPO& DP4 to make Mp3?

Hi Laurent!
    Can you describe the problem importing it in iTunes? Did you try opening it with Quicktime player?

Hi Laurent,
    I'm assuming that you have a stereo final mix that was done using the "bounce to disc" feature. Once you have done that, make note of the soundbite name, and then go to the soundbites window. Scroll down till you find that file and click on it. Now, go up to the mini menu in that same soundbites window and select export audio, I think that's what it's called, I don't have DP open in front of me. The next window will prompt you to save it to a particular location, perhaps the desktop... it will also need to be saved as an "AIFF" file. Once the file is saved as an AIFF, you can then drag it from the desktop to the CD recorder. I have Toast on my G4, and I don't know what you have, but from there you will have a CD that you can play on any CD player, and then you can use that to make an MP3 from. I hope this helps.
    DPDan

Talking Re: GPO& DP4 to make Mp3?

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Laurent,
    I'm assuming that you have a stereo final mix that was done using the "bounce to disc" feature. Once you have done that, make note of the soundbite name, and then go to the soundbites window. Scroll down till you find that file and click on it. Now, go up to the mini menu in that same soundbites window and select export audio, I think that's what it's called, I don't have DP open in front of me. The next window will prompt you to save it to a particular location, perhaps the desktop... it will also need to be saved as an "AIFF" file. Once the file is saved as an AIFF, you can then drag it from the desktop to the CD recorder. I have Toast on my G4, and I don't know what you have, but from there you will have a CD that you can play on any CD player, and then you can use that to make an MP3 from. I hope this helps.
    DPDan

Thank you for this help, DPDan & Gil

I did what you told me to do, and I have a file on my desk witch is cold "my mix AIFF" I can open it both with Quick time player & Itunes, but... no sound! What is wrong? I've stricly respected what you told me to do, but I can't ear any thing.
    I remarqued that when nothing was selected, the commande "bounce" was inoperative, but when I go in the tracks window and make "select all" and do what you tell me to do, every thing is OK except tne fact I have NO sound.

Thanks for your help!
    Laurent

PS: I back from the apple expo, and I saw so many beautiful things! the new Imac is fantastic. I can't anderstand those who buy a PC...

check these things....
    1. make sure that the tracks you have selected for the "bounce to disc" are not muted
    2. make sure that the sample rate is correct.
    3. make sure that nothing is set to solo, that will mute other tracks.

Try these things, and if you still don't have sound, let me know and we'll keep going until we get it right.

DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    check these things....
    1. make sure that the tracks you have selected for the "bounce to disc" are not muted
    2. make sure that the sample rate is correct.
    3. make sure that nothing is set to solo, that will mute other tracks.

Try these things, and if you still don't have sound, let me know and we'll keep going until we get it right.

DPDan
    1. I'm sure that all the tracks I've selected are not muted (I can ear all them)
    2. what's the sample rate? No idea about this!
    3. all the tracks are solo in the mixing board (transleted from the french term...

Big mystery.

...and assigned to the right outputs. Simple, but I've overlooked this before.
    _S

Quote Originally Posted by spettigrew

...and assigned to the right outputs. Simple, but I've overlooked this before.
    _S
    What do you mean? How can I assign to the right outputs?
    I select all the tracks, I chose 'bounce" in the audio menu. then I open the soundbites window, and I chose "export the file" (as an AIFF file) in the windows menu. And then, I try to open the file with ITunes, but if it works, I still can't ear any thing!

Quote Originally Posted by bmtl
    What do you mean? How can I assign to the right outputs?
    I select all the tracks, I chose 'bounce" in the audio menu. then I open the soundbites window, and I chose "export the file" (as an AIFF file) in the windows menu. And then, I try to open the file with ITunes, but if it works, I still can't ear any thing!
    In the Tracks window, under the Output column, are all the tracks you want to bounce assigned to 1&2?
    All of the tracks you wish to combine in the bounce operation must be assigned to the same output or bus pair. If your bouncing to Tracks 1&2, which you probably are, but the tracks you are bouncing from have outputs assigned to 3&4 or 5&6, etc, you'll record a file, like you're doing, but it won't contain any sound. Try assigning the outputs to 1&2 of all the tracks you are bouncing.
    If this isn't the problem, post back with your audio card/interface configuration.
    _S

Here is the step-by-step procedure for making an MP3 from your DP file.

Make sure your Sounbite that you have created with your bounce to disk is really what you want to export. Do this.

In the Soundbites window, can you hear your tune when you select your Soundbite? Make sure Audible Mode is turned on. If you still canÕt hear it, click the edit button in the Sounbites window and check to make sure you see wave forms. If you can see the wave forms of your piece and you still canÕt hear it, let me know and IÕll tell you how to set it up so you can. I canÕt remember the step-by-step details. It has to do with creating bundles or something like that. ItÕs been a while since IÕve had to do it.

Then, check your Soundbite. In the Soundbites window, click the ÒInfoÓ button. Make sure that the sample rate is 44100 and the sample format is 16. If it is not you will have to rebounce your tracks with those settings.

If you need help with creating this final mix let us know.

Now, in the Soundbites window, back in List Mode, select your tune. From the mini menu, select Export Selected Bites. In the Save dialog window that appears, in the format menu select AIFF file. Save this file to your desktop.

Save and Quit DP.

Now, open iTunes. Drag your tuneÕs file into the Library. It will take a second while iTunes copies it.

You should be able to play your piece in iTunes at this time.
    Make sure your tune is selected.
    Now, in the Advanced menu select Convert Selected to MP3. When the conversion is done, drag the new MP3 file to your desktop and use it anyway you want. Maybe you would like to post it here.

Good luck

Karl

Go Back to forum