• Register
  • Help

Topic: Selfish Compatibility Question

Selfish Compatibility Question

I have a dual 3GHz Xeon HT workstation with 4GB of RAM and SCSI-320 formatted in Raid0 that was built specifically for this application.

I understand about the HT - and will turn it off in BIOS...No problem

But will GS3 simply not run on my dual 3GHZ Xeon machine?
    What if I set the application's processor affinity to a single physical processor?
    Will that allow the program to run reliably.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Re: Selfish Compatibility Question

Unfortunately, the development team is moving across Austin to another building, and I won't be able to ask about this for several days. I don't know if any of the Tascam crew in California have information on this...but I know they're reading so if they do I'm sure they'll chime in.

Does 2.5 run on this machine? I'd hate to say 3.0 would run, based upon a successful experience with 2.5, but that might at least give one reason to believe it **might** work.

If I can get any information on this, or find someone who has tried it, I'll certainly try to get back to you. Sorry I can't help--I can answer almost any question about operation, methodology, or design, but hardware specifics are difficult. Good luck in any case.

Thanks for your response.

As this is a fairly new machine, I decided to resist the temptation to install 2.5 on it. I figured I'd "limp" along with 2.5 on my older hardware platform until 3.0 became available, and then make the platform swap.

I appreciate your efforts in researching this for me. If you find out anything please let me know.

Winsted, CT

I run 2.5 on a dual Xeon, with no problems...

Thanks Bill

If you don't mind me asking:

1. What's the make and model of your machine?

2. Did you have to set the application's processor affinity in Task Manager ?

3. Just out of curiousity, did you have HT turned off in BIOS?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you able to run 3.0 on your dual processor?

Go Back to forum