• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Solid pop drums?

Share/Bookmark

Smile Solid pop drums?

Hi,

I´m rather new into software samplers, and I´m searching and searching...for a high quality pop/soul/jazz drums library in the HALion format. Let me further explain what I´m looking for:

I do NOT need hundreds of velocity layers, a few will due
    I want GOOD cymbals and hihats
    I want a rich variety of processed, unprocessed, acoustic and electronic BD:s and snares

In a nutshell, this is what I want - any suggestions?

Kindest regards
    /D

Re: Solid pop drums?

Melodymaker,

You might want to start with wizoosounds.com. They have a bunch of different kits and individual drums. All priced very affordably. Also Sonic Implants has some great kits that should load into Halion as well. And they are reasonably priced too.

All the very best,

Darren

Thank you, that might be something...listened to some of the demos of Wizoo, and it´s rather nice...will keep on looking around before making my decision...

/D

I still love the Roland XR module rack.....sure it's $1300, but has to be one of the most versatile and kickass modules I've ever played on. It's got EVERYTHING! I swear they must have made every pop tune on it, cause the sounds are so incredibly high quality..especially for synths. The drums rock too! The classical guitar patches alone make it worth buying. There must be at least 900 sound patches alone.

As dpasdernick said though, I'd recommend checking out Sonic Implants and their drumbanks. They're pretty affordable and have a really nice sound.

Jared

Jared,

I have recently sold all of my hardware (except for my XP-80) and gone all software. The other day I was playing a Roland Fantom XV (?) at guitar center. Totaly inspiring! Made me wish I had more hardware! I still love the Roland sound. I hope one day they make VST's of all their synths including the SRJV80 and SRX expansion cards!

Darren

Totaly inspiring! Made me wish I had more hardware! I still love the Roland sound. I hope one day they make VST's of all their synths including the SRJV80 and SRX expansion cards!
    that's what I'm hoping we'll get out of Spectrasonics...eventually. Roland doesn't seem terribly interested in putting their best work in VSTi form.

Eric Persing and Rob Papen...hopefully these guys will lead the way
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Take a look at scarbee Imperial Drums in Halion or Kontakt format.
    This is real pro stuff....

www.scarbee.com

JVB

Concerning S.I.D...I´ve seriously looked at that - and maybe that´s the one for me...what makes me hesitating is the concept of one single drumset in a HUGE library. I think it must be possible to make useful, lighter patches WITH quality and broad variety. And I want space for other instruments in my system too...

/D

Sorry to go off topc a bit, but what do you think of Spectrasonics Stylus? As far as I can see it contains both loops and a lot of single hits?

Quote Originally Posted by melodymaker
    Sorry to go off topc a bit, but what do you think of Spectrasonics Stylus? As far as I can see it contains both loops and a lot of single hits?
    the hits are excellent...not yet organized into kits, expected in Stylus RMX
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Go Back to forum