• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving GPO to another Mac system

Share/Bookmark

Moving GPO to another Mac system

I'm on OS X 10.3.5. I've just de-authorized my copy of GPO from my internal HD (A) in order to run it from my second internal HD (B). I then copied over the entire GPO Application folder, the GPO Library as well as the AudioUnits component. Re-authorization worked like a charm. But when I try to run GPO I get the following message: WARNING: could not open content file! It should be located at [not set]:[not set] Would you like to select a different directory now?

I answered yes, and pointed the software to the folder which contains the "GPO_Library_part1.nks" and parts 2 and 3, but that did not work.

Now, I don't really want to re-install if I don't have to. Does anyone know what GPO is looking for exactly?

Thanks!

Re: Moving GPO to another Mac system

Are you opening a file that has a saved GPO instrument file in it? This could be the problem. Most likely any saved file will have to be set up again since you've moved the files. Kontakt has a hard time locating the moved files for a lot of users. This may have been addressed with the update, but I'm not certain when that will roll out or if it fixed it at all. If this is happening on a new file, well, I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Are you opening a file that has a saved GPO instrument file in it? This could be the problem.
    No, no, I get the message when I simply try to open the stand-alone version of GPO. Obviously, I can't open it as an AudioUnit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    No, no, I get the message when I simply try to open the stand-alone version of GPO. Obviously, I can't open it as an AudioUnit either.
    So you say that when it asks you for the location of the library and you manually locate the .nks files, it still doesn't recognize them? Is the GPO application still located on your boot volume? Does the GPO app stay open, just no sounds available? If so, you should be able to set the path in the Options dialog. If not, (ie, GPO quits after failing to find the library), then I'm afraid you may need to run the installer again and specify the path you want during installation in order to make it work...

I moved my GPO library to my "Samples" folder at the root level of my drive, and it was able to identify them correctly after getting the missing sample message, but that was on the same volume they were originally installed, just a different directory.

Thanks for your advice. I think I'm just going to go ahead and re-install from the original disc. It's not like it's a 105gb library, after all!

Go Back to forum