• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Cubase SX3

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Re: Cubase SX3

SX3 is now compatible with WinXP64bit, which means you would be able to load GPO into 4GB of addressable memory area...

Add that to the next update to GPO - which will have DFD streaming, and you've got the potential for a HUGE orchestra!
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Cubase SX3

wow...I must say I am impressed with what I see. I might finally jump ship on Digital Performer and try Cubase...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    wow...I must say I am impressed with what I see. I might finally jump ship on Digital Performer and try Cubase...
    I was thinking of upgrading Cubasis VST4 to Cubase. I can see that Cubase SX is a great program, but would Cubase SL be worthwhile? I am not sure I can afford SX right now! Any help or information would be much appreciated.

Peter

Peter, Cubase SE is actually a pretty good step up from Cubasis, so yeah, you should be fine for now with that or SL.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Peter, Cubase SE is actually a pretty good step up from Cubasis, so yeah, you should be fine for now with that or SL.
    Thanks for the information. I will investigate both SE and SL then!

Peter

ANother thing I just noticed about SX3, the bit about being able to use external FX as if they were plugins. I'm not sure what this means exactly, but if this is the beginning of the possibility of perhaps using the EQ section of a digital mixer instead of using CPU power...Then I'm sold already... Does anyone know what they mean exactly by that new feature?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    I have a very specific question about Cubase.....in Cubasis the ability to draw controller information (like CC1 for example) is rather inaccurate and a little hit and miss. I saw a copy of Cubase SX at a friends and the drawing tool is so much better. Is this the same with Cubase SE and SL? It would be great to be able to get the mod wheel information more precise. Do all versions of Cubase have that pencil tool for controller drawing (rather than the + tool in Cubasis)? This would certainly sway my decision about upgrading.

Peter

Aren't there nominal priced upgrades for SE users to SX?
    Styxx

Cool Re: Cubase SX3

I believe Steinberg[Pinnacle] has a price for upgrading from pretty much any edition to any otheredition. (SE to SL, SL to SX, SX to Nuendo, etc.) There was scuttlebutt on the cubase.net forum in the last week because someone found a "deal" on Cubase SX 2 for $399 from one vendor with a guarranteed upgrade to SX 3 for $49 additional. This sent a flurry of speculation that the upgrades for existing SX 2 usees (like me) would be $49. Tain't so! Seems the most we know at this point is that it is probably 149 Euros (which will likely translate to $179 or $199 USD). I haven't yet called the Steinberg US support number (a toll call) because of the 6 hour time difference to Indiana.

One of the unfortunate parts about how Steiny sells Cubase and other update software (HALion, for example) is that give you pretty much NOTHING in addition to the necessary CD or DVD. I can attest that the complete contents of the HALion 3 upgrade box was [1] the new DVD (all program and content data on one disc), [2] the new "dongle" protection device and [3] registration cards. No printed manuals for the upgrade, which is pretty chintzy, imho. I'd gladly pay the price for the manual (you'd think they could offer "with" and "without" upgrades), rather than resort to reading them on my screen when I'm in a puzzle about some weird detail.

Anyway .. my $0.02 (at and about $178.97 might get me the SX 3 upgrade) ... KevinKauai

Go Back to forum