• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: filmscore in progress

Share/Bookmark

filmscore in progress

Hi all

I have been lurking in the dark corners of this forum for a while now and I think now it's time to creep out...

I cooked up some scratches for a filmscore I'm working on. The film will be shot next summer so I still have time to get things right. Normally I work on paper and let other musicians play the music, Im 'just starting to figure out how to work with GPO and Nuendo.

The middle part is too fat and blurry I think, and the transition to the darker part verry suddenly and shaky so that needs some work...Anyway, have a listen and tell me what you think!

Vincent

Here's the link: filmscore in progress
    Last edited by VincentPompe; 09-03-2004 at 06:13 AM. Reason: link changed
    And then, all of a sudden, NOTHING HAPPENED!

Re: filmscore in progress

Very convincing film scoring and you cover a lot of ground here as well. I liked the tender feel in the opening section. The chord at 0:28 sounds like it has a wrong note, especially because you immediately continue with the tender quality, but then I hear at (0:57?) and 1:12 that that is what you meant. Still, a casual listener might be a bit confused on hearing 0:28 cold. Maybe save the "wrong note" introduction for 1:12? I also, like what sounds like glissando in the timps and basses at 1:16 & 1:22..nice work!

Yeah, I was hesitating about that note You just convinced me to kick it out.
    thanks!

Vincent

The wrong note threw me as well, but the piece quickly redeemed it self and then got hairy again. Very evolving. I kind of like that, which is surprising considering I don't care a whole lot for film music. The changes don't distract from this piece for me. As a whole it works rather well. Great job, I say, and a pat on the back. I'm not converted yet, but I give props where its due.

Hi Vincent, I too agree about the note at :28 seconds in, I have another idea too for what it's worth. I think the harp gliss needs to start sooner so that it ends at the end of the fourth beat in it's measure, instead of the last note sounding almost on the second beat of the next measure. Something to try instead of starting the gliss sooner, would be to eliminate the last octave of the harp gliss, because the starting point and tempo of the gliss is great for the feeling that you have going at that point. The gliss going all the way to the top makes it end too late. Did that make sense?
    I'm sure the weird transition that you talked about will work fine relative to the visual. Oh yea,, eee gad, raise the pitch of the violin and viola section to a value of 12 anytime you use them. I think that may be fixed in the newer version of GPO.
    Great otherwise!
    Dan

Hi Dan, I will certainly take a look at the glissando harp, you might be right there!

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Oh yea,, eee gad, raise the pitch of the violin and viola section to a value of 12 anytime you use them. I think that may be fixed in the newer version of GPO.
    Great otherwise!
    Dan
    Okay, could you please explain that a little more?

Joseph, thanks, and who knowes maybe we can get you converted...with the propper care and attention here and there... Do you think it is still edible in spite of the hairyness, or should I buy a trimmer?

VINCENT
    I THINK MY SHIFT BUTTON IS BROKEN> SORRY

Never mind on the pitch thing.

Hey Vincent,

I'm afraid I can't be any helpfull.... I just really like this piece...
    Also, it's good to see more and more fellow dutchmen on this forum !

Good luck with the shift key

Ron

Shiftkey is fixed

thanks Ron!

I put a newer and better version on the net. Worked on the balance, added a flute for distinctive high pitch in the blurry part, got rid of the wrong note and lost some reverb and calmed the glissando harp a bit.

I think it is about right, maybe some more work on the flute... what do you guys think?

Vincent

have a look at http://www.epos-imaginaire.com/music.php
    Last edited by VincentPompe; 09-03-2004 at 06:17 AM. Reason: link was wrong

Link doesn't work

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast